• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marcus Trescothick?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everyone is still waiting for confirmation as to whether or not he will play.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought it had been confirmed that depression was indeed the "stress related illness" he was suffering from. Must just be assumptions.

Steulen

International Regular
IIRC he wasn't named in our final 30
Which, if the selectors get their way, means nothing because they want to pick the final 15 from outside the final 30 :wacko:.
But it's highly unlikely Tresco will be considered, imo, just two months after opting out of the Ashes.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I use to consider marcus as one of the meantally toughest english cricketers, but these attacks of depression (mental illness) he keeps on having has not only let england down time and again but it has also done his careers no favours what so ever.
That has to be one of the dumbest posts on these boards. Its not as if he can control it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
You can't pick players for your WC squad outside of the 30 man-squad named from what I've read so Trescothick is no chance.

I read something about the ECB trying to get around the rule in regard to Darren Gough however.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You can't pick players for your WC squad outside of the 30 man-squad named from what I've read so Trescothick is no chance.

I read something about the ECB trying to get around the rule in regard to Darren Gough however.
You can add them to your 30 though - as is the case with Gough and Kirtley. If they wanted to pick Trescothick, I'm sure they could get around it. Especially given the circumstances.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I use to consider marcus as one of the meantally toughest english cricketers, but these attacks of depression (mental illness) he keeps on having has not only let england down time and again but it has also done his careers no favours what so ever.

You have got to be kidding me.