• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marcus Trescothick?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey guys sorry for the earlier post i wrote it when i was not in the best of my moods so i hope you guys just ignore that one.
But sincerly i want tresco to get well soon and play at his best.
No problems pup.

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong without being proven so. Well done. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Sydney Morning Herald specifically stated Gough and Kirtley IIRC.
And as we all know, the SMH has never made a mistake in it's entire printing history...

Papers love naming names in mystery cases - the entire British Press Corps were at it, and near enough everyone came-out with a different possiblity.

Oh - regarding Kirtley: PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hey guys sorry for the earlier post i wrote it when i was not in the best of my moods so i hope you guys just ignore that one.
But sincerly i want tresco to get well soon and play at his best.
Delete it if you don't want it any more.

'Tis the best way to go. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And as we all know, the SMH has never made a mistake in it's entire printing history...

Papers love naming names in mystery cases - the entire British Press Corps were at it, and near enough everyone came-out with a different possiblity.

Oh - regarding Kirtley: PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not claiming it to be true - just letting you know that those two players were indeed named in the press, rather than just being a "rumour." I'd classify a rumour as something someone posted here or heard someone say at a pub - a newspaper publication is a level above IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not claiming it to be true - just letting you know that those two players were indeed named in the press, rather than just being a "rumour." I'd classify a rumour as something someone posted here or heard someone say at a pub - a newspaper publication is a level above IMO.
Oh, I knew they'd been suggested by those high-up - as I say, there was all sorts of speculation on Sky the day ECB made that statement, and talk of what was happening in the Press-box - but until something is confirmed it remains a rumour IMO, regardless of where it's rumoured.

That isn't necessarily true. He has a "stress related illness" and is being very secretive as to what it actually is.
Well of course he's not going to admit to such vulnerability and appear looking weak, but you can bank on it being true.

Not in this day and age of England placing the most emphasis on the significance of "sending messages to the opposition" etc and all that other crap Nasser Hussein spews on a daily basis.

Whoever taught you that neat little trick did the board a great disservice.

You're keen....can be absolutely no question about that. But your over excitedness is using up valuable bandwith.