• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marcus Trescothick?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You can't pick players for your WC squad outside of the 30 man-squad named from what I've read so Trescothick is no chance.

I read something about the ECB trying to get around the rule in regard to Darren Gough however.
Only rumour, AFAIK, had it to be Gough - the player they were trying to get around it with is, as yet, unnamed.

As for 30-man squads in general, IMO they serve no purpose at all, especially if you can withdraw and add to them. All they do is serve to give a lot of false hope to a lot of people, and also prove a ridiculous insult to others, such as in the Gillespie-Harwood case.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I use to consider marcus as one of the meantally toughest english cricketers, but these attacks of depression (mental illness) he keeps on having has not only let england down time and again but it has also done his careers no favours what so ever.
Err, they're also not his fault.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only rumour, AFAIK, had it to be Gough - the player they were trying to get around it with is, as yet, unnamed.
The Sydney Morning Herald specifically stated Gough and Kirtley IIRC.

pup11

International Coach
Now i am not saying its marcus's fault or something its just that first he declares himself fit for a tour and goes to that tour and then two or three days before the game he says "i can't take this anymore i want to go home". He needs to decide whether he is fit or not, then he should go on a tour if he even slightest of doubt he should not be a part of the side at all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
stumped said:
omg!...worst post of my time here
Funny how you manage to make a complete ass of yourself everytime you post. I can think of at least 890 posts that were worse than that.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now i am not saying its marcus's fault or something its just that first he declares himself fit for a tour and goes to that tour and then two or three days before the game he says "i can't take this anymore i want to go home". He needs to decide whether he is fit or not, then he should go on a tour if he even slightest of doubt he should not be a part of the side at all.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think that Trescothick thought he was okay to play and that he would be able to handle the pressure so he decided to make himself available for the Ashes tour. He then realised how much pressure he was under to perform and broke down.

Stumped

Banned
I use to consider marcus as one of the meantally toughest english cricketers, but these attacks of depression (mental illness) he keeps on having has not only let england down time and again but it has also done his careers no favours what so ever.
that is the most outrageous post, until u have had the diease or seen someone suffer with depression u will never even have a little understanding of the circumstances. its uncontrolable, cut him some slack...

pup11

International Coach
Hey guys sorry for the earlier post i wrote it when i was not in the best of my moods so i hope you guys just ignore that one.
But sincerly i want tresco to get well soon and play at his best.

Stumped

Banned
Hey guys sorry for the earlier post i wrote it when i was not in the best of my moods so i hope you guys just ignore that one.
more like u posted wat u thought and copped the critism for it and regretted posting it in the first place and this is a excuse (bad mood)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You're a good guy pup

Stumped

Banned
Funny how you manage to make a complete ass of yourself everytime you post. I can think of at least 890 posts that were worse than that.
i can accept that im not a good poster and im not here to prove anything of the sort, i dont think u should be talking with "Gerriant as ur hero!"

Barney Rubble

International Coach
So what happens if he's struck by depression midway through a tour? He's just got to carry on? 8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I hadn't even read your post when I wrote that. He accepted he made a stupid post, regardless of his motives at least he apologised.