• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rest of World XI

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Make a rest of world Test or ODI XI that you think would beat Australia (in Australia) over a five game test or odi series.

Frankly, I don't think even this test side can beat them over a five game test series:
  1. Strauss
  2. Gibbs (assuming his form has returned)
  3. Dravid
  4. Yousuf
  5. Kallis
  6. Lara
  7. Sangakarra (+)
  8. Flintoff
  9. Ntini
  10. Asif
  11. Muralitharan

My first order of business was to bat until eight. e.g: Please don't lose the match. And a bowling attack of Asif, Ntini, Flintoff, Kallis and Murali would be quite good as well. You can substitute Pieterson for maybe Kallis or Strauss considering he had a very good series against them just now.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
1) Strauss
2) Cook
3) Dravid
4) Yousuf
5) Pietersen
6) Sangakkara
7) Flintoff
8) Pollock
9) Ntini
10) Muralitharan
11) Asif

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Strauss and Cook are the best openers in the rest of the world, cricket is in trouble TBH. And 4 Englishmen might be pushing it. :p

Although I <3 Cook, and can't really fault any. A good case can be made for all of them. Kallis not making it is an absolute shocker for mine though. One of the few Saffies I actually like.

I hate Gibbs, but when in form, he is better than either of the two you have though. And it looks as though his form is returning.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Graeme Smith
Andrew Strauss
Rahul Dravid
Jacques Kallis
Mohammed Yousuf
Kumar Sangakkara
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Makhaya Ntini
Mohammed Asif
Muttiah Muralitharan

and One Day team

Chris Gayle
Upal Tharanga
Rahul Dravid
Kevin Pietersen
Jacques Kallis
MS Dhoni
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Daniel Vettori
Shane Bond
Makhaya Ntini

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Vettori? I'd take any number of Indian spinners, and not to mention a certain Sri Lankan over him. Also, don't know about Dhoni outside the subcontinent.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori? I'd take any number of Indian spinners, and not to mention a certain Sri Lankan over him. Also, don't know about Dhoni outside the subcontinent.
You usually go according to the rankings and Vettori is ahead of the "number of Indian spinners and a "certain Sri Lankan",this makes him the best spinner in one day cricket.Have you not been impressed by him through the CB series.And anyway,Harbhajan not in great form and Kumble hardly plays one day cricket which makes your point about "any number of Indian spinners"seems baffling.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You usually go according to the rankings and Vettori is ahead of the "number of Indian spinners and a "certain Sri Lankan",this makes him the best spinner in one day cricket.Have you not been impressed by him through the CB series.And anyway,Harbhajan not in great form and Kumble hardly plays one day cricket which makes your point about "any number of Indian spinners"seems baffling.
Fair enough regarding Indian spinners. Regardless of his rating, Vettori is not a better ODI bowler than Muralitharan.

Period.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Muralitharan.
Look at the rankings mate,it really doesn't lie.Vettori is 5th and Murali 7th and Vettori is in good form at the moment.Do you realise that this is a one day team I am doing and so Murali won't just be a automatic selection in ROW X1's for the one day format unlike tests.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If Strauss and Cook are the best openers in the rest of the world, cricket is in trouble TBH. And 4 Englishmen might be pushing it. :p

Although I <3 Cook, and can't really fault any. A good case can be made for all of them. Kallis not making it is an absolute shocker for mine though. One of the few Saffies I actually like.

I hate Gibbs, but when in form, he is better than either of the two you have though. And it looks as though his form is returning.
Well, I'd rather have Cook than Gibbs tbh. I'm very biased as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, I'd rather have Cook than Gibbs tbh. I'm very biased as well.
I'd actually rather have Cook over Strauss, but unfortunately I have to agree he hasn't done enough yet.

That kid is going to be a superstar long after Pietersen has been relegated to an average mid-forties middle order bat. :ph34r:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'd actually rather have Cook over Strauss, but unfortunately I have to agree he hasn't done enough yet.

That kid is going to be a superstar long after Pietersen has been relegated to an average mid-forties middle order bat. :ph34r:
You just couldn't help yourself could you?

adharcric

International Coach
Cook
Kallis
Dravid*
Yousuf
Pietersen
Sangakarra+
Flintoff
Kumble/Akhtar (subject to fitness and mental stability)
Ntini
Murali
Asif

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook
Kallis
Dravid*
Yousuf
Pietersen
Sangakarra+
Flintoff
Kumble/Akhtar (subject to fitness and mental stability)
Ntini
Murali
Asif
I'd have Hoggard or Pollock any day even if Shoaib was fit and mentally right IMO.
Kallis opening!!!!:huh: .Do you actually know where he bats?