Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW awards feedback Pt. II

CW awards feedback Pt. II

Right, last time there was a questionnaire and although they are fun to fill out I don't really think they provide much insight. So in general, please post what you think about the awards, what you like about them, what you dislike about them and most importantly where do you think they can improve. All suggestions welcome, although try keeping it constructive.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

The awards are good. I think the efforts the organisers/judges go to for their winners is to be much admired, although I know if I see a post which is worthy of being nominated for something, I'm never going to track down the appropriate emails and flick a link off to the judges, particularly as I'm on dial-up as home. I think the independence/lack of "official" status within Cricketweb is a good thing - as otherwise they could become somewhat sanitised. That they're a success is obvious considering the number of posts you see after a certain clever/stupid/insightful post suggesting that's a potential award winner. Not sure how many nominations the judges get from normal forum members though - is there any easier way? Probably not.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Areas that can be improved include giving me more awards and prohibiting nightprowler from getting any.

Tbh, I don't like the way Adharcric, Nightprowler10 and soon to be Richard's position is used. No offence to them (especially not to Richard who hasn't even started yet) but I don't like the idea of them choosing the awards.

What I suggest is that Adharcric, Nightprowler10 and Richard, the junior members of the team, all provide the senior members of the team - Marc and Archie with various options and nominations on what and who could win each award, say four posts for each category and Marc and Archie choose from that. I think that would be a better system tbh.

I hope that doesn't sound too negative as I do, as I'm sure is the case with many others, greatly appreciate the job they do.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I think they are great, Is once a week too frequent? Maybe. Once a month better? Maybe, Cant decide. Maybe you should have another one to pick the best from the four/five weekly awards and announce a monthly winner too. Like a man of the series to add to the Man of the Match.

They are great fun. Keep up the humour. PLUS they make it easier for someone like me who vanishes for long periods to save time in catching up on the best of what I have missed.

Great work. Thanks are due to Archie_mac and all others who have assisted him in this. Keep it up.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I think they are great, Is once a week too frequent?
    Don't think that is an issue at all. With the amount of cricket being played these days, i think having it once a week is actually quite good.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by alternative View Post
    Don't think that is an issue at all. With the amount of cricket being played these days, i think having it once a week is actually quite good.
    I think you are right.

I just have to look at so many of them when I come back from hibernation and start looking

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    What I suggest is that Adharcric, Nightprowler10 and Richard, the junior members of the team, all provide the senior members of the team - Marc and Archie with various options and nominations on what and who could win each award, say four posts for each category and Marc and Archie choose from that. I think that would be a better system tbh.
    Archie and Marc pretty much have the final word on it as it is, all we do is let them know our preference, or at least thats the way I understood it when I volunteered my services.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    All suggestions welcome, although try keeping it constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Areas that can be improved include giving me more awards and prohibiting nightprowler from getting any.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    I still think they are a decent idea in principle.

It went through a stage where the quality of judging was poor and Im not sure what was going on. One or maybe 2 of the people that have served on the panel have hardly filled me with confidence that they are capable or respected enough to be the judge on some awards.

I mean as a hypothetical example, how can you resepect an award for being the most knowledgable poster or something similar if the guy giving the award away knows ****-all about the game (not directed at anyone in particular)? The awards became pretty pointless IMO and winning something became a lottery and devalued. Thats why I withdrew my participation.

Im ot knocking them per se. I know a lot of people get a lot of enjoyment out of them, I just think they are not for me.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I should become a judge TBH. Given I know everything about all cricketing topics.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I should become a judge TBH. Given I know everything about all cricketing topics.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I suggest that SS gets banned from having any say in the awards whatsoever, and isn't ever a candidate for any 'Positive' awards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    I suggest that SS gets banned from having any say in the awards whatsoever, and isn't ever a candidate for any 'Positive' awards.
    Ah so you want the return of the old days with the SilentStriker award making a comeback.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Haha, explain............

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information