• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards feedback Pt. II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're great fun, and as long as people don't try and take them too seriously (which too many people do) they'll continue to be a success.

I mean how fun is it someone claiming "Greigy" or "Skull" to a post they've seen in another completely different thread. Its always fun.

I do think we need to make the "Greig" more ridiculing though :p I mean sometimes people almost try and win it with some of their comments, but if we make it a downright embarassment to win that award, then it'd get the true "Tony Greig" feel :D;)

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Last week, my selections for the Hussey and Afridi took quite a beating and deservedly so (well, the Afridi was acceptable IMO). I'd like to welcome any feedback in the form of constructive criticism (any bias, bad trends, etc you've noticed in my selections) so that I can improve in that regard. Be frank. Of course, the main reason for the drop in quality is usually not having time for CW in the particular week.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Wonder if Goughy still thinks the judges know **** all about cricket :ph34r:

Also, as adharcic said, feel free to email us whenever you guys see a post or a thread etc that deserves consideration. I have yet to receive a nomination in the few months I have been a judge. My email/MSN is in my sig.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I should become a judge TBH. Given I know everything about all cricketing topics.
Although that was probably said partly in jest (*cues Richard disclaimer*), I actually agree with it in principle. You probably read more posts in CC than anyone else, and your opinions and posts aren't even half as trollish as people make out (either you drastically improved just before I returned here or it was all just rubbish to begin with..) so I think you'd make quite a good judge really.

adharcric

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
I have yet to receive a nomination in the few months I have been a judge. My email/MSN is in my sig.
Uhh yeah, I've only received three nominations thus far, all of them from Marc. 8-)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Maybe we could have a nominations thread, where people just post the link to the post they are nominating and the award they are nominating it for.

The only drawback is the fact that it could ruin the surprise of the awards come their announcement, but those who wanted that maintained simply wouldn't click on the links in the nominations thread.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They're great fun, and as long as people don't try and take them too seriously (which too many people do) they'll continue to be a success.

I mean how fun is it someone claiming "Greigy" or "Skull" to a post they've seen in another completely different thread. Its always fun.

I do think we need to make the "Skull" more ridiculing though :p I mean sometimes people almost try and win it with some of their comments, but if we make it a downright embarassment to win that award, then it'd get the true "Tony Greig" feel :D;)
What are you on about? The Skull is definitely an achievement.

adharcric

International Coach
Maybe we could have a nominations thread, where people just post the link to the post they are nominating and the award they are nominating it for.

The only drawback is the fact that it could ruin the surprise of the awards come their announcement, but those who wanted that maintained simply wouldn't click on the links in the nominations thread.
Beat me to it. Let's see if Marc or Sean can come up with a better solution to the lack of nominations.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, true, fair enough, I often forget about 'em.

And something I'll add now for DB's sake... can some kind Mod please correct the thread-title... Zac, I'm surprised at you.

archie mac

International Coach
This is very good stuff, just a couple of things:

It may surprise people to know, but even with all of the help it takes me over an hour every week to put the awards together. Before we opened it up and asked for people to become judges it was sometimes taking over two hours. Especially if Marc was busy with his study. If we did not get some help we were really going to have to stop the awards, which would have been a shame.

The judges we have added to the awards team, have done a great job in my opinion, just to pick the Afridi takes a lot of reading and scrolling through many, many threads.

I think having a thread for nominations may well ruin the surprise which was noted.

We did approach James for a seperate email for all of the awards nominated to be sent too, but because they are not official that could not be done. We would really love to see members contribute more, and send emails to the judges if they see something worthy.

Thanks to Pasag for his help with this:)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Basically, if you started up a "Awards Nominations Thread", and people just posted the following:

Skull - www.link.com

... then people who are more interested in the surprise don't have to click on the links. I'd also just keep one thread, and at the start of a new week, someone from the awards team posts in there, saying that a new week of nominations has started.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Basically, if you started up a "Awards Nominations Thread", and people just posted the following:

Skull - www.link.com

... then people who are more interested in the surprise don't have to click on the links. I'd also just keep one thread, and at the start of a new week, someone from the awards team posts in there, saying that a new week of nominations has started.
Exactly. I don't see how that system could fail really, unless people simply had no self control. :p

Also, lol @ that link actually going somewhere...

archie mac

International Coach

Skull - www.link.com

That sounds like an idea what do other people think?