• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Worst Fieldsman

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Try telling Gordon Greenidge that.
Ha, but they only attempted that run because of a regulation ball hitting his knee and bouncing off.

Anyway, the worst 'group' of fielders has to be West Indian fast bowlers. Philosophy seemed to be

- Never run when you can walk
- Never bend if the boot can stop the ball

There are at least 8-10 that should be on this list.

Walsh was a shocker but there were many others that have been forgotten.

Old Learie must be turning

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just nominate the current Indian side minus Kaif and Y. Singh. Pakistan are pretty atrocious as well, Inzy can catch as can Laxman but there is a couple more facets to fielding then just taking an odd blinder at slip.

Worst England fielder I can think of recently is either Chris Tremlett or Michael Yardy, who couldn't catch the ball and he threw like a girl.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just nominate the current Indian side minus Kaif and Y. Singh. Pakistan are pretty atrocious as well, Inzy can catch as can Laxman but there is a couple more facets to fielding then just taking an odd blinder at slip.

Worst England fielder I can think of recently is either Chris Tremlett or Michael Yardy, who couldn't catch the ball and he threw like a girl.
Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman are all very good in the slips while Anil Kumble and Virender Sehwag are fairly solid ground fielders without being exceptional.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Chris Tremlett
Monty was pretty bad although his catching and general fielding have improved. His arm is still crap tho.
Glenn McGrath isnt particularly good either.

Perm

No he isn't.

Not saying he's poor either, but he's by no means "excellent"
He is an excellent fielder, very strong arm, quick across the outfield, safe pair of hands and throws himself around when he needs to. He had a horror run in the 2005 Ashes but apart from that he's been very good.

Perm

I've seen a fair bit of England play and apart from the 2005 Ashes and a game in this CB series he has been very good in the field.

Fiery

Banned
I've seen a fair bit of England play and apart from the 2005 Ashes and a game in this CB series he has been very good in the field.
Drops 6 out of 6 and you say "safe pair of hands"?? Perm, come on mate

Perm

Apart from that one series I said. Everyone drops catches, he just managed to drop all of the ones that came his way in those 5 games.

Johnners

harsh on Monty imo, he's been solid this Australia summer, and was easily better than Harmison & Hoggard imo. Who was is that said McGrath? he's no Brett Lee in the outfield, but he's hardly a slouch, can Catch a ball (see Aust. vs. Eng Adelaide 2002/2003) and has a brilliant arm.

Stuey Macgill deserves a nomination though