• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbhajan Singh and Mal Loye for Lancashire in 2003

masterblaster

International Captain
What does everybody think about these two moves?

Harbhajan should be a good inclusion to the Lancashire squad which boasts quicks such as Glenn Chapple and James Anderson

And Mal Loye is a good batsman and should prosper at Lancashire

what does everyone else think about thest two moves

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Harbajan will be fairly successful there, but I'm not sure about Loye, appears to be a bit inconsistent to me.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Overall Loye is a decent cricketer but not consistent enough as Marc points out. At one stage everyone was saying he should be in the England side, but he had one great season and apart from that has played like an average county cricketer most of his career.

Murali was devastating at Old Trafford and there is no reason to think Harbhajan won't be equally successful.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think he will be as successful as Murali as Murali is a one off. He may score some good runs though.

masterblaster

International Captain
yeah Harbhajan is a much better batsman than Murali anyway and should score a decent few in the fixtures. It'd be interesting if Flintoff gets along with him as Harbhajan and Ganguly get on quite well but Flintoff and Ganguly dont really, im sure Flintoff will get along with Harbhajan.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
The best thing that ever happened to Lancashire was Wasim Akram as he got that team to the top, i hope that Harbhajan can do the same. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It'd be interesting if Flintoff gets along with him as Harbhajan and Ganguly get on quite well but Flintoff and Ganguly dont really, im sure Flintoff will get along with Harbhajan.
Flintoff will hardly ever be at the club, so i don't think it's an issue!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by CricketGuru
The best thing that ever happened to Lancashire was Wasim Akram as he got that team to the top, i hope that Harbhajan can do the same. :)
I think he may have had a bit of help from the likes of Fairbrother, Atherton, Hegg, Watkinson, Lloyd and Crawley there.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by CricketGuru
I think he may have had a bit of help from the likes of Fairbrother, Atherton, Hegg, Watkinson, Lloyd and Crawley there.
Being an all rounder himself was a big advantage for the team too and of course only one person cant win the match for the team but the captain plays an important role and he played that role very well indeed 8D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by marc71178I think he may have had a bit of help from the likes of Fairbrother, Atherton, Hegg, Watkinson, Lloyd and Crawley there.
...Chapple, Martin...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Originally posted by marc71178I think he may have had a bit of help from the likes of Fairbrother, Atherton, Hegg, Watkinson, Lloyd and Crawley there.
...Chapple, Martin...
And the fact that Crawley plays for Hampshire now and Lloyd retired...

chris.hinton

International Captain
will Harbhajan be a success in this country, he did nothing for india in the summer

watch out for Warne

do you know who is Worcestershire overseas players

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by chris.hinton
will Harbhajan be a success in this country, he did nothing for india in the summer

watch out for Warne

do you know who is Worcestershire overseas players
Hmmm I wouldn't say Harbajan is a better batsman...Murali is a very good batsmen just spends all his time bowling...Dav Watmore said that its a shame Murali didn't become an all-rounder as he has such a good eye which is why he sometimes scores very quick 40's from number 11. Anyway the overseas players...all I know is Bichel is one of them, International commitments allowing.

[Edited on 18/11/2002 by Rik]

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by RikAnd the fact that Crawley plays for Hampshire now and Lloyd retired...
So have Fairbrother, Atherton and Watkinson, but the point we were making was that Wasim wasn't single-handedly responsible for Lancashire's 1990s success.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Originally posted by RikAnd the fact that Crawley plays for Hampshire now and Lloyd retired...
So have Fairbrother, Atherton and Watkinson, but the point we were making was that Wasim wasn't single-handedly responsible for Lancashire's 1990s success.
who said that Wasim single-handedly made Lancashire successful??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Being an all rounder himself was a big advantage for the team too and of course only one person cant win the match for the team but the captain plays an important role and he played that role very well indeed 8D
He wasn't an all-rounder, he was a bowler who could bat reasonably.

Also, I don't remember him captaining Lancashire?