• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbhajan Singh and Mal Loye for Lancashire in 2003

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Warnes a better batsmen than Harbajan but wouldnt go as far as going to call harbajan a good allrounder , he can chip in the odd time...

He will need all the experience he can get , hopefully its a good move

Who are the other Indians transferring to English teams?

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rahul Dravid( Scotland) Sehwag (Leics) Anil ( dont know for which county but i heard that he is playing)

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rahul Dravid( Scotland) Sehwag (Leics) Anil ( dont know for which county but i heard that he is playing) Sehwag will be the most succesful i think and he is a very good bowler now

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Is Sehwag definitely playing next season?

As far as I was aware, it was still at the rumour stage, but if it's confirmed :D

Please play Notts v Leics at Cleethorpes...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kumble's rumoured to be coming to Edgbaston - Sehwag is still a rumour AFAIK, but I'm not so sure he'll be a great success.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea depends if hes in a form that he normally is in , think the english fans are in for a treat , but he should play better against the county bowlers ?

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah Harbhajan averages like 19-21 in FC, something along those lines, and his batting is getting steadily better, so against County bowling, he should be able to notch up a couple of decent scores, and against County batting, he should be able to get a bag of wickets.

Harbhajan has destroyed Australia, England, West Indies, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in the past, I dont see why he cannot do the same to the other counties.

Wow, Stuart Law and Harbhajan Singh for Lancashire, a great duo.

For Hampshire I wish it was Shane Warne and Sachin Tendulkar

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well Tendulkar was mentioned but I don't think he is coming at all. Warne is already signed up but haven't heard much mention recently of who the other might be?

If we could get a classy batsman to fill in the middle order with Crawley and Kendall to go with a well balanced bowling attack including Warne, Mullally, Giddins, Morris, Mascarenhas, Udal, etc we could really do some damage this year. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by masterblaster
Yeah Harbhajan averages like 19-21 in FC, something along those lines, and his batting is getting steadily better, so against County bowling, he should be able to notch up a couple of decent scores, and against County batting, he should be able to get a bag of wickets.

Harbhajan has destroyed Australia, England, West Indies, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in the past, I dont see why he cannot do the same to the other counties.
I don't think the conditions will be to his liking - Murali managed to beat them, but he seems to be able to bowl well anywhere when fully fit - at this stage in his career, I don't think Harb can.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I don't think the conditions will be to his liking - Murali managed to beat them, but he seems to be able to bowl well anywhere when fully fit - at this stage in his career, I don't think Harb can.
Yup hes going through a bad patch but hes been doing quite well so cant blame him for having his bad times , anyway doesnt mean he will continue the same in England , well hopefully not
He is fit though

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
He wasn't an all-rounder, he was a bowler who could bat reasonably.
Well thats what we call All rounder nowadays dont we, there is a topic here which tells u that Shane Warne is one of the top all rounders too

Also, I don't remember him captaining Lancashire?
He has played county cricket for Lancashire since 1988, and in September 1998 captained the team to victory in the Natwest Trophy and helped them clinch the AXA League title.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well thats what we call All rounder nowadays dont we, there is a topic here which tells u that Shane Warne is one of the top all rounders too
That topic is ridiculing the idea of the PWC all rounder rankings, by having Shane up at 4.

Bazza

International 12th Man
It shows you what a touh task England have when there are 6 Aussies in the respective top 10s.