• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards - First week of Feb

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Mr Mxyzptlk - 26000 posts
Neil Pickup - 19000 posts
Jono - 11000 posts
James - 8000 Posts
Kweek - 5000 posts
Perm - 3000 posts
Turbinator - 2000 posts
Fiery - 2000 posts
shortpitched713 - 1000 Posts

It was either Marc or myself choosing all of the awards this week, so if you don’t like anything about any of the winners, then I am pretty sure that Marc would have chosen that one:p

Still looking for another member to join the team

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Position Vacant (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Nightprowler10 (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey, Sobers or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Warne or Bradman awards this week, please let nightprowler10 know, you can contact him at usmangreat@hotmail.com

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Richard for this click here did not agree with it all, but some quality stuff, and well written

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Pup Clarke for this click here , a bit light on for threads this week, I thought this the best of the new ones

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Steulen click here I don’t get it? But its not the first time that has happened :unsure:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Pup Clarke , not to everyone’s liking but I think on the whole he had a good week of posting, and visited a lot of threads

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: sideshowtim for this click here & click here first and second place this week for SST :D

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: bullet for this click here One post, might be an idea to stop now! :dry:

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: The Sean , Very high quality posts this week, knows his cricket history

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Salamuddin can be a little bit contrary, but makes some fair points :)

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Gunner, LT, C_C, Richard and SS for this click here mostly interesting, threatened to jump the rails a couple of times. Some of us still need to work on NOT making personal attacks against other members. :(

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: gunner for this click here I must admit I had my money or the Kiwi :@

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: Jono for this click here tipping against Hussey; a brave man, and deserving winner :cool:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Salamuddin = newcomer? :huh::blink:

Oh, yeah, and who is responsible for
Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Richard for this click here did not agree with it all, but some quality stuff, and well written
this award? Was interested to know who gave it to me? :)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, OK...

So someone who joined in December 2002 and posted regularly-ish and not often could win the award 200 weeks in a row? :confused:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:wacko:...

Richard man you're a one of a kind character... Respect :).
As I say - I've instantly grown to love these awards and I just think it'd be better to have the Hussey awarded according to join-date rather than post-count.

archie mac

International Coach
Oh, OK...

So someone who joined in December 2002 and posted regularly-ish and not often could win the award 200 weeks in a row? :confused:
We tend to only award this once. But if this weeks winner did not post for say 6 months and then came back, I imagine he could win it again :)

As for the Afridi, it was recommended by Marc, I forwarded on to Adharcric, but did not hear back from him re- his choice this week. As I also thought it a deserving winner I went ahead and awarded it:)

archie mac

International Coach
As I say - I've instantly grown to love these awards and I just think it'd be better to have the Hussey awarded according to join-date rather than post-count.
That may be the better option, I will discuss with Adharcric and Marc. What time frame would you impose?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd go for had to have registered (and posted a minumum 20) in the week of the award and the week previous.

Or something along those lines.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You and Marc working together :( :D

Why not :cool:

Just email me Richard, we will give you the Sobers and Boycott to award on a weekly basis:)
Richard an award judge now :-O !

Btw, Richard did I tell you are one of my favourite posters :innocent:.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
archie mac said:
As for the Afridi, it was recommended by Marc, I forwarded on to Adharcric, but did not hear back from him re- his choice this week. As I also thought it a deserving winner I went ahead and awarded it:)
Sorry about that. I spent all of Saturday and Sunday morning (exactly 24 hours) in the lab coding so I didn't find any time. Actually, I was strongly considering resigning but I'll continue for now and reassess later.
That's how I view it as well. Generally, I require that the poster has <500 posts and has joined within the past 6 months.

By the way, welcome to the team Richard. :cool: