• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst C9 Commentator?

Who is the Worst C9 commentator and why?

• Richie Benaud

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Ian Chappell

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Tony Greig

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Ian Healy

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Bill Lawry

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Mark Nicholas

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Michael Slater

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Mark Taylor

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters

Fiery

Banned
Stupid thread tbh, but I'll go with Lawry.
Why is it stupid PheonixFire? The reason I asked is because there was a similar debate going on on Radio Sport this morning on my way to work so thought I would get CW members views. Stupid of you to say it's stupid if you ask me

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Why is it stupid PheonixFire? Stupid of you to say it's stupid if you ask me
Because it's just negativeand doesn't really have any discussional value.

I do realise that I'm a total hypocrite by answering this thread...........

Fiery

Banned
Because it's just negativeand doesn't really have any discussional value.

I do realise that I'm a total hypocrite by answering this thread...........
So any negative comment on something that annoys someone in our game is stupid then is it?

Fiery

Banned
OK, if it's that bad then can someone kill it then please?. It's been crapped on before it had a chance to get off the ground :dry: so please remove it moderators

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Leave it, we've had worse (thanks to me :cool:)... Plus, I don't see the harm in it :unsure:.

Last edited:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I think it's a worthwhile thread, so please don't delete it.

It's worthwhile because I think it's fair enough to want to rant about these hacks who we are forced to endure for seven hours per game. I mean, we all get that Australia are amazingly good, but we really don't need the kind of fawning, borderline infatuated nonsense that a fair few of the C9 commentators see fit to layer on. One can almost forgive Bill Lawry, seeing as his excitable nature is quite entertaining and that he's always willing to praise a good performance no matter who does it. I don't really feel that Tony Greig is as biased as a lot of people think - he's just bored and grumpy most of the time. Richie Benaud is class, a true pro. I like Michael Slater too.

Anyway, I voted for Ian Healy. Far and away the most biased, one-eyed, rose-tinted buffoon in C9's employ. I long way behind him, but also a long way in front of the others, is Mark Taylor. If they sacked those two clowns I actually wouldn't have a problem with the broadcasts.

Healy's nadir last night was his rant about Brendon McCullum standing up to the stumps off Franklin's bowling. "Shouldn't do it, not enough time, blah blah blah." When the other commentator (can't remember who but I think it was Ian Chappell) pointed out that Healy did the same thing when he was playing, the basic response was "well when I did it, it was a good plan. This is dumb". Fool.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing wrong with this thread, particularly as it gives me a chance to bag Ian Healy. Dire, IMO.

Beleg

International Regular
It's a prefectly okay thread. Some of these commentators do deserve ragging now and then.