• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst C9 Commentator?

Who is the Worst C9 commentator and why?

• Richie Benaud

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Ian Chappell

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Tony Greig

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Ian Healy

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Bill Lawry

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Mark Nicholas

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Michael Slater

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Mark Taylor

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters

Stumped

Banned
ian chappel by far....just his voice grr!....suprised that ian healy is most on the poll...infact he is one of the best

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ian Healy by a mile. A complete moron. At the start of every Australian innings he makes some astonishing statement like "I reckon the Aussies look good for 400 today!", or "Fantastic shot by Gilly! Looking good for another hundred", etc.

Greig isn't great either, although at least he's more generally subdued rather than overtly biased.

Chappell, Benaud and Slater are all fine. Taylor I don't really care about one way or the other. Whenever I hear Mark Nicholas I just tune him out and start imagining the 12th man's hilariously bad imitation of him ("Smashing baby, yeah!"). And despite my initial dislike of him, Bill Lawry has actually grown on me over the years. He has so much enthusiasm its infectious, and at the very least he's willing to give the opposition a round of applause when they do well.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
IMO a toss-up between "Tweedle-dum" Greig and "Tweedle -dee" Lawry -but by a short-head I'll go for Mr Greig. PS - I'm amazed Benaud got a vote - but then every one's entitled to their opinion....

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I've never found Ian Healy that horrendous myself. He is pretty bad, but I don't quite see why everyone hates him so much.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Be honest, this thread is all about all consuming jealousy over the fact that we in the UK have got David Lloyd. The final ball of the last match was greeted by the immortal Bumble with the words "Oh no! He's going to be stuck on 99. What a bummer!"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shoulda been a public poll for mine. Although kudos for cameeel for admitting he voted for Richie. Even if he's quite clearly wrong. :p

What about Slats? Who voted for him?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i hate it when commentators use baseball terms... you dont hear baseball commentators saying cricket stuff like thats a six! bla bla bla but you hear stuff like ex from SA PAk game thats over third base and **** like thats a bunt caught by karmal w/e what the hell commentators should be fired if they cant even talk using cricket termonilogy and have to borrow terms from other sports

Stumped

Banned
i hate it when commentators use baseball terms... you dont hear baseball commentators saying cricket stuff like thats a six! bla bla bla but you hear stuff like ex from SA PAk game thats over third base and **** like thats a bunt caught by karmal w/e what the hell commentators should be fired if they cant even talk using cricket termonilogy and have to borrow terms from other sports
i dont understand the baseball terminology u have just listed...i can see in but third base and i have never heard that in a cricket game and they have no reason to say it

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Incase you hadn't noticed, the reference to Kemp's bunt and Boucher's shot over 3rd base were very tongue-in-cheek but also very apt to what was happening.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't think this thread is very fair or very nice to be honest...

Every commentator is trying his best to entertain and each one brings something different to the game...

Ecept Healy, he's just rubbish... u'd get less bias and more insight sitting in between the barmy army and the fanatics

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Another Lawry classic on Glenn McGrath last night: "an absolute gentleman both on and off the field."

Hahaha, does he hear himself talk?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not to mention calling Watson a big hitter... because he's a big guy.

Lawry has no clue sometimes.