Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Allrounder spot for WC

Aussie Allrounder spot for WC

After looking through the possible candidates for the World Cup, i think that Greg Blewett could be a very good candidate...

He has proven himself at international level(especially in SA), and his bowling seems to be improving everytime i see it...

I know i will probably get blasted for being biased but i think he has to be near the top of the list...

Other Candidates...

Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, Mark Higgs, Ian Harvey, Cameron White, Kade Harvey, and James Hopes..

Who do you think will take the spot??
    I think they will take 2 and it will be either Watson/Symonds and Blewett....

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Andrew Symonds - not consistant with the bat
    Shane Watson - not very effective with the ball in ODI's
    Mark Higgs - good choice but could be hot or cold with the bat or batt, you may as well flipo a coin
    Ian Harvey - too inconsistant with the bat
    Cameron White - i think that they will take him and play him in the group games, he captained the Aus u/19 team and is a very good player but needs more experience before he starts really performing at the state and Int level
    Kade Harvey - no
    James Hopes - Bating is not good enough

Shane lee would prob get in if he were fit but im not sure, he has started bowling abit in grade i think but i dont think that he will purt the performances in between now and then

Bevan is an all rounder if he bowls better -his battiong is already good enough

Blewett is a class bat and his bowling is good, i would pick him
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Yeah he also bowls at a pretty good pace. I once remember when Ind were in AUS in 99 he was the quickest bowler in one match clocking 140kmph . He is much better than Watson.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    yeah Greg Blewett is one of my favorite Australian players, he is a much more better choice than Watson, but Watson is young and has potential to be a good player. Personally I would pick

1.Greg Blewett
    2. Andrew Symonds

Symonds is awesome with the bat when on song, his bowling is good and his fielding is dynamite.

But being an Indian Supporter I dont mind Australia picking Watson, because I know that the Indians will like his bowling.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

U19 Cricketer

Watson, that is the man for the Aussies.
    He has not been given enogh chance but i think he has the potential to deliver.

Shane Lee/Symonds and Harvey have been given enough oportunity in the past.
    Blewett is a good batter but he's not much of a bowler.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    While watching the cricket this afternoon i decided to list what i think the world Cup squad for Australia should be, Ill list here here to see what you guys think.

1 Adam Gilchrist
    2 Matthew Hayden
    3 Ricky Ponting
    4 Damien Martyn
    5 Michael Bevan
    6 Darren Lehmann
    7 Greg Blewett
    8 Shane Warne
    9 Brett Lee
    10 Jason Gillespie
    11 Glenn McGrath
    12 Jimmy Maher
    13 Nathan Haurtiz
    14 Andy Bichel
    15 Shane Watson
    16 James Hopes

OMG, i haven't been slammed to the ground for being biased....
    :O:O:O:O:O:P:P:P:P:P

Anyway simon i think that side looks good, but i think Hopes really needs to show some form soon, i have him as an outsider at the moment but he has the potential to be there...

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    yeah i have to agree that hopes needs to prove that he has what it takes, i might also take clarke and at least give him a game against some of the lesser sides

Tim
    I reckon it will be Symonds & Watson although I don't really think Symonds is an all-rounder as such, hes more of a batsman who can bowl.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Cameron White - i think that they will take him and play him in the group games, he captained the Aus u/19 team and is a very good player but needs more experience before he starts really performing at the state and Int level
    That's an interesting theory - give hime experience at ODI level then move him into FC cricket?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I think it's 15 man squads isn't it?

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I'd be very surprised if Blewett went, he seems to be one of those who have had the doors closed on their international careers.

(Mind you, we could have said that about Hayden, Langer & Lehmann not so long ago!)
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

I'm not sure about Blewett. Symonds will surely go? I haven't seen much of some of the other contenders but from what I've seen of Ian Harvey, he seems quite well suite to the conditions? He is very economical and consistently puts the ball in the right place with a bit of movement in the air and off the pitch. Also he can be an explosive batsman at about 7 or 8, but having said all that he doesn't seem to be particularly highly rated in his home country so....
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Tim
    Again, at intl level Harvey is a bowler who bats. His highest score is 47* or something close to it which does not justify him as being an all-rounder.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Shane Watson will be one of the all rounders going, its going to take big seasons from Andy Symonds or Ian Harvey tio get back into the side. With a bit more experience Watson will be a really good player, he can bat and bowl very well as he has already proved, I selected Blewett in my team as the 2nd all rounder simply because he is in form now and i expect him to be later this summer, obviously the selectors are still looking at him picking him in the Aus A team. I put James Hopes in my squad because i think he will be picked, other ones i considered were Brad Hodge, Michael Clarke, Mark Higgs and Brad Williams.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information