• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allan Border Medal Predictions?

Craig

World Traveller
Allan Border Medal: Ricky Ponting

Test player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

ODI Player of the Year: Michael Hussey

State player of the Year: Chris Rogers/Ben Hilfenhaus

Bradman young cricketer of the Year: (Players have to be under 25 and had to play at least 10 FC matches at the time of counting) Moises Henriques (Unless Hilfenhaus doesn't count)

Two Inductess into the Hall of Fame: Shane Warne (not sure about the second)

luffy

International Captain

State player of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

Bradman young cricketer of the Year: (Players have to be under 25 and had to play at least 10 FC matches at the time of counting) Cameron White(if he hasnt played the right amount of matches Moises Honriques

Two Inductess into the Hall of Fame: No idea to be honest, maybe Shane Warne

pasag

RTDAS

ODI Player of the Year: Nathan Bracken

State player of the Year: Michael Klinger(A little wishful thinking)

Two Inductess into the Hall of Fame: Richie Benaud and Charles Macartney (Already known tbh :p)

archie mac

International Coach
Allan Border Medal: Mike Hussey

Test player of the Year: Stuart Clark

State player of the Year: Chris Rogers

Bradman young cricketer of the Year: Hilfenhaus

Two Inductess into the Hall of Fame: This cat is out of the bag

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year

Test Player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

One-Day Player of the Year: Michael Hussey

State player of the Year: Chris Rogers

Bradman Young Cricketer of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

Two Inductess into the Hall of Fame: Shane Warne and Richie Benaud

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

ODI Player of the Year: Nathan Bracken

Bradman young cricketer of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

Two Inductess into the Hall of Fame: Who Saggers said

howardj

International Coach
Dire how only 4 or 5 blokes (usually the same guys who play both forms) can win it every year. For example, back in 2004 or 2005 Shane Warne took a record number of Test wickets for a calendar year, but still couldn't win, because he didn't play ODI's. In my view, it should just be a judgement thing from cricket experts. Not so much points-per-game based. And, good god, the show should be pared back to one hour.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member

ODI Player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

Bradman young cricketer of the Year: Cameron White

Two Inductess into the Hall of Fame: Zachary Gelman & Penny Gelman

archie mac

International Coach
Dire how only 4 or 5 blokes (usually the same guys who play both forms) can win it every year. For example, back in 2004 or 2005 Shane Warne took a record number of Test wickets for a calendar year, but still couldn't win, because he didn't play ODI's. In my view, it should just be a judgement thing from cricket experts. Not so much points-per-game based. And, good god, the show should be pared back to one hour.
I agree, especially the year Pup won it, that was just a joke.

I wonder which award the players rate the highest?

Border or McGilvray

Ponting won the McGilvray this year

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
My only prediction is that it'll be a terrible night of TV.

Also, the whole concept of the voting is flawed when you use a 3-2-1 voting system and votes can only go to one team. That's why AFL sides never use that system for their Best and Fairests, it's too rigid. You can get the same votes for being the 5th best player in the match in one game as you'd get for being the best player in a game that Aus won.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
As long as Phil Tuffnel doesn't make a reappearance I'll be happy. Also that fiasco last year of close ups of Andrew Symonds every time Mark Nicholas said that he was ineligible was really awful. AB Medal - about as good as watching the Logies.

archie mac

International Coach
As long as Phil Tuffnel doesn't make a reappearance I'll be happy. Also that fiasco last year of close ups of Andrew Symonds every time Mark Nicholas said that he was ineligible was really awful. AB Medal - about as good as watching the Logies.
Yes the way they carried on you would think Roy had been charged with a hit and run while under the effects of 20 pints of warm English beer

pup11

International Coach
For me there are the deserving winners this year:- 1.Test player of the year: Ricky ponting
2.One day player of the year: Nathan bracken(the unsung hero of australia throughout the year) 3.Allan border medalist: Mike hussey (nobody deserves it more than him)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me there are the deserving winners this year:- 1.Test player of the year: Ricky ponting
2.One day player of the year: Nathan bracken(the unsung hero of australia throughout the year) 3.Allan border medalist: Mike hussey (nobody deserves it more than him)
Not even Ponting?

pup11

International Coach
I think hussey has done everything humanly possible in both forms of the game in the last 2 seasons. Ponting got the medal last year so i guess its about time huss gets his share of appreciation for all that he has done.