Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Mwmorable twists of fate !

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oval victory by Pakistan (1954)

2 6.45%
  • India draws Aus in Australia (2003-2004)

3 9.68%
  • 1983 WC just un-believeable and un-seen turn out of the event

7 22.58%
  • 1992 WC victory by the cornered tigers

5 16.13%
  • 1996 WC earned Srilanka THE respect

2 6.45%
  • Most recent English's Ashes win

10 32.26%
  • South Africa recahed the semis of 1992 WC and was un-fortunate!

1 3.23%
  • 1999 WC performance of SA (the history was different due to 1 R/O)!

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Un-believeable twists of fate !

International Captain

Un-believeable twists of fate !

There are certain incidents which make cricket live . It requires human effort , heart and passion to win . There are certain events which turned out to be the memorable twisters.
    I never liked the one odd victories of the minnows . I'll consider South African performance of reaching the semis of 1992 WC as the finest performance by any new team in the recent times. These are some of my favorite twisters and I'll always consider that oval victory by Pakistan over England (1954) as the finest in the Pak history which really lifted the cricket in the country to extremes . It really sent a signal that a baby is not born in the cricket but a fighter is .
    For what I recall the Javed's six was a revolutionary one and it really made things go in Pakistan's way for any future match after that six .But still It didn't come up as one of my ultimate twisters ,and I'll always consider such matches as the battle of two giants and one came out victorious but was badly wounded too . So for me 1992 victory of Pak in the WC was a real twister .
    I never consider the 2001 Indian victory over Aus as their biggest but for me it was that 2003 -2004 series which India drew with Aus in Aus . So let me poll up in English to see which of my personal favorite twists of fate was a slightly better one ... I am going for that 1954 Oval victory of Pak on top of all when England was Fazal-ed and earned Pakistan a lot of respect in the world of cricket and which still is there !!
    Feel free to write yours !
    Last edited by FRAZ; 03-02-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    I voted WC 1983, I wonder what the odds were, but no one gave India any chance
    You know it makes sense.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    This one has a tie with the 92 WC in my brain cuz after the first half of 92 WC no one gave Pakistan any chance either because they lost 4 outta first 5 matches they played but anyways Pakistan started off as the third favorite ...
    And sorry cuz these events are what I felt were good to me . Archie btw whats yours ?

Akmal taking a catch or making a stumping.

On a more serious note I dont think anyone expected Dizzy to make a test 200.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Akmal taking a catch or making a stumping.
    You know what ,Akmal has talent and he is going through some self created pressure . Let the captain be changed and the normal proceedings may resume . I have a question for you ,"Did Shoaib Akhtar ever complained about Akmal's performance"?

As twists of fate go, it can hardly be more dramatic than Glenn McGrath stepping on a ball. Therefore, England's last Ashes win was my choice.

Although you should have made both the Kenya vs. Ireland and Scotland vs. The Netherlands ODI's from last Friday options in this poll. I'm still not over them...
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    This one has a tie with the 92 WC in my brain cuz after the first half of 92 WC no one gave Pakistan any chance either because they lost 4 outta first 5 matches they played but anyways Pakistan started off as the third favorite ...
    And sorry cuz these events are what I felt were good to me . Archie btw whats yours ?

Or though I am not a big fan of ODI cricket I enjoyed the Aussies run to the finals and their tie with Sth Afr during the 1999 WC

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    You know what ,Akmal has talent and he is going through some self created pressure . Let the captain be changed and the normal proceedings may resume . I have a question for you ,"Did Shoaib Akhtar ever complained about Akmal's performance"?
    So Shoaib Akhtar should be captain? Even though hes not in the side half the time?
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    On a more serious note I dont think anyone expected Dizzy to make a test 200.
    Almost everyone expected some nonenity to make one against Bangladesh sooner or later.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    As twists of fate go, it can hardly be more dramatic than Glenn McGrath stepping on a ball. Therefore, England's last Ashes win was my choice.
    Have you ever gone over on your ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    actually that's not true, the indians toured the windies before the wc and won a one dayer(i forget where) pretty impressively and at that point, lloyd said that the indians were the dark horses going into the world cup....so the defending champs themselves were wary of the indians....

Ah, I knew it, self-doubt was all that cost West Indies that final. If they'd gone in thinking "we're gonna hammer them" they'd have done so. I've been thinking this for ages and here's the proof. Attitude is ALL that matters in this game.

(Irony... please note...)

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    So Shoaib Akhtar should be captain? Even though hes not in the side half the time?
    no I never said that SHoaib should be a captain . It is an impossibility but anyways my point was that SHoaib Akhtar never had any trouble with Akmal's keeping and thats a valid point tbh !

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    no I never said that SHoaib should be a captain . It is an impossibility but anyways my point was that SHoaib Akhtar never had any trouble with Akmal's keeping and thats a valid point tbh !
    What does that have anything to do with Inzamam?

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    What does that have anything to do with Inzamam?
    Did I mention I****** for the past 36 hours . I never mentioned I****** here either . I am fasting that I won't use this word until the WC starts .... And I just asked a side question to Xuhaib who was critical towards Akmal and IMHO Akmal is a great keeper but I dunno whats wrong with him now a days !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information