• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symo's injury how big a blow is this for australia?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
all reports i've read are suggesting that it's more than likely the Symonds will miss the WC :(

pup11

International Coach
Yeah i know its sad for all the fans of roy, this would have been probably his last world cup . But if hodgey can bat the way he did yesterday more consistently and chip in with 5 or 6 decent overs, then i think he can fill the void left by symo.

pup11

International Coach
But with clarke bowling more regularly his back problems could start troubling him again and thats the last thing aussies want now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TBH he was hardly a nailed-on certainty for the last one, though.
Yes, yes he was, actually. He was in the best XI at the time, and Symonds was playing horribly for Queensland and turned out even worse performances for Australia A. Watson was sure to make the squad.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wasn't he named in the 15, and then Ian Harvey flew over?
Actually it looks like you were right.

Australian Squad

Watson was named, and was withdrawn. It doesn't actually say that Harvey was added on the main squad listing, but he's listed as one of those who was in the 30 but not the 15. So you were indeed right there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, yes he was, actually. He was in the best XI at the time, and Symonds was playing horribly for Queensland and turned out even worse performances for Australia A. Watson was sure to make the squad.
Symonds?

He's relevant how?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He was?

Yes, so he was...

He was hardly a good ODI player in those days, though, I maintain such...