Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the best WICKETKEEPER in the world

Who is the best WICKETKEEPER in the world

I don't know much about this subject, but who does everyone here on CW think is the best wicketkeeper and batting ability counts for nothing. From what i have heard as i havn't seen him play Dhoni would be perhaps the best in the world. Thought's?

Probably some one who isn't playing international cricket right now.

Uhh, Dhoni? He's not even the best keeper in India. Karthik is very good but I haven't seen enough of the rest (Boucher, Gilchrist, etc) to make informed comparisons.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    For me its - Sangakkara but hardly plays as a keeper now.
    then Boucher
    then McCullum
    then Gilchrist
    then Dhoni
    then the Palistan one

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Probably Boucher for the internationals followed by Sanga and Gilly
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Hartley, Boucher, Gilchrist, Sangakkara, Read.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

me

Flash Poker Champion!
    Sangakarra

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Gilchrist is pretty clearly a better keeper than Boucher and Sangakkara IMO. I would have considered Akmal a while ago but he's dropped off really badly.

If Read is still in the England test side, it'd be either him or Gilchrist. Sangakkara probably third, when he plays as a keeper. Boucher's been better recently but is still a fairly average keeper against spin, so he doesn't rate IMO.

Dhoni's absolutely horrible, no idea how anyone could mention him. Surely the worst in the world at the moment.

Sangakkara is the best keeper-bat these days, if he's actually keeping. He's coming into his peak and Gilchrist would appear to be past his.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Top wicket keepers in OD's are most likely to be Gilchrist, Boucher and Sangakarra. Dhoni is a bit too overated for my likings as he is not even the best keeper for India, Dinesh Karthik is far better.

They have all had brilliant seasons of late, but as far as choosing one keeper, then i would have to go with Gilchrist.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

kamran akmal..........
    hah that is a joke. it is clear that he is in the team as keeper cuz he can bat.
    sangakara is the best among them but he isn't wicket keeper often. Gilly is good also with boucher.

Cricket Spectator

Who is the best wicket keeper in the world

For me it is Sangakara as he has a superior batting and keeping abiliyty currently in international cricket. His form of late has been unbelievable and when h keeps for Sri Lanka he is unbelievable and furthermore he has had more stumpings in 206 than any other keeper. Behnig Sangakara would be Gilchrist, Boucher, McCullum but for me Dhoni is over rated. His wicket keeping abilities are poor and he can only produce a quick cameo of runs before getting him self out with a loose shot.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Dhoni's absolutely horrible, no idea how anyone could mention him. Surely the worst in the world at the moment.
    Absolutely horrible? How much have you actually seen of him....he may not be spectacular, but he's barely made a mistake of late. Certainly not horrible, and nowhere near the worst in the world at the moment.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post
    Absolutely horrible? How much have you actually seen of him....he may not be spectacular, but he's barely made a mistake of late. Certainly not horrible, and nowhere near the worst in the world at the moment.
    Obviously he's only horrible compared to the standard of other international keepers, but seriously I think he's pretty bad. Geraint circa 2005 was just as bad, as was Patel when he was playing, and obviously there have been a few part time keepers who have been worse in recent years, but I think he's pretty comfortably the worst keeper in any of the major test teams at this particular point in time. Karthik is infinitely better. Speaking solely about his keeping of course, not his batting.

Anyway, I've seen a fair bit of Dhoni just recently, though I didn't see much of him when he first arrived. The one international keeper I haven't seen much of would be Ramdin, just the one series, so I couldn't compare the two that well. I heard a few bad things about Ramdin's keeping in the series against India a while ago, but they didn't show any of that here.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Obviously he's only horrible compared to the standard of other international keepers, but seriously I think he's pretty bad. Geraint circa 2005 was just as bad, as was Patel when he was playing, and obviously there have been a few part time keepers who have been worse in recent years, but I think he's pretty comfortably the worst keeper in any of the major test teams at this particular point in time. Karthik is infinitely better. Speaking solely about his keeping of course, not his batting.

Anyway, I've seen a fair bit of Dhoni just recently, though I didn't see much of him when he first arrived. The one international keeper I haven't seen much of would be Ramdin, just the one series, so I couldn't compare the two that well. I heard a few bad things about Ramdin's keeping in the series against India a while ago, but they didn't show any of that here.
    ...but how exactly is he horrible? He hasn't been dropping catches, he hasn't been missing easy takes, he hasn't been missing stumpings. He may not look as 'natural' as an Akmal for example, but he's been far better as a wicketkeeper in recent times.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information