• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forgotten Cricketers?

dass

Banned
who are some great yet forgotten cricketers in your opinion.

i think Roger Twose of New Zeland is a great forgotten cricketer

Natman20

International Debutant
No-one talks about Andy Flower. He was awesome a real hero of Zimbabwe cricket yet his name is never mentioned anymore

luffy

International Captain
No-one talks about Andy Flower. He was awesome a real hero of Zimbabwe cricket yet his name is never mentioned anymore
When you think of forgotton cricketers, you usually mean people you can't remember or heard of, and never hear about. Intresting you mention that, our 3rd Grade team had a debate with the best players to play for all the major cricketing countries and we agreed that he was the best Zimbarbwiewan player

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Andy Flower forgotten he gets mentioned alot, especially when people talk about how crap Zimbabwe are.

Avishka Gurasingha for me, very good batsmen but retired at his peck due to off field reasons. If he kept going on i think he would have been remembered as one of Sri Lanka greats.

flemster98

Cricket Spectator
who are some great yet forgotten cricketers in your opinion.

i think Roger Twose of New Zeland is a great forgotten cricketer
No Roger Twose is not a forgotten cricketer. Everytime I get into a discussion about great NZ cricketers he always comes up and he was a crowd favourite.

What about half of the england team thats played since the injury troubles started on their tour of india?

Or Parthiv Patel? Was ment to be the next great indian batsman

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Paul Franks - one ODI cap as far back as 2000 & has been constantly troubled by injuries since. A pity because he's not woeful with the bat either, in fact opened for Notts a few times last year.

Ryan Sidebottom - takes shed loads of wickets for Notts (the England selectors clearly struggle to locate Trent Bridge) and, as a lefty, could provide much needed variation for us. He was probably selected too early, but has improved since and is appreciably sharper than Lewis & also gets more bounce.