• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you rank the teams? 07 version

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Does what it says on the tin. I'd be interested to see how everybody thought the sides should be ranked, based on their own personal opinion, or a points system they have devised (do share it). The reason I believe it could be interesting is that there was a lot of debate over whether England are #2 or not...so go on... let's see...

TESTS

1-Australia
2-England
3-Pakistan
4-South Africa
5-India
6-Sri Lanka
7-New Zealand
8-West Indies

ODIS

1-Australia
2-South Africa
3-Pakistan
4-West Indies
5-India
6-Sri Lanka
7-New Zealand
8-England

Er, that ODi one needs a lot of work. Don't read too much into it, I'll have a think about that. I stand by my Test rankings, though

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
ODIS

1-Australia
2-South Africa
3-Pakistan
4-West Indies
5-India
6-Sri Lanka
7-New Zealand
8-England

I may be too patriotic, but NZ would beat India and West Indies in ODI's I feel. Recently we've seen a drawn series with Sri lanka but I feel we've improve din the CB series from that and would rightly take 4th or 5th spot in the world.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tests
Australia
England
Pakistan
India
South Africa
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
West Indies
Bangladesh

ODIs
Australia
South Africa
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
West Indies
New Zealand
India
England
Bangladesh

Should be noted with the ODI rankings that 2nd to 7th is more or less impossible to rank. Those teams are incredibly even and you'd be a brave man to pick a result clearly in any of those series. South Africa deserve 2nd fairly clearly, but beyond that it's anyones.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Tests
Australia
Pakistan
India
South Africa
England
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
West Indies
Bangladesh

ODIs
Australia
South Africa
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Pakistan
India
West Indies
England
Bangladesh

Pretty self explanatory really.

In the ODI's, really a toss up between Sri Lanka and NZ for third

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tests
  1. Australia
  2. England
  3. Pakistan
  4. India/South Africa
  5. Sri Lanka
  6. New Zealand
  7. West Indies

India wins in India, SA wins in SA. Not sure who to put ahead.

But an interesting thing to note is that 8/10 times against Australia, India wouldn't get beaten 3-0 in India like SA did in SA. And even though Dhoni made me puke in Mumbai, I don't see us losing at home to England too often either (it could happen, England are better, but I still like our chances at home, with spin vs. them).

Then again, SA have a lot better chance of winning tests away from home than do India. So it ends up even IMO.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Test

1) Australia
2) England
3) South Africa
4) Pakistan
5) India
6) New Zealand
7) West Indies
8) Sri Lanka

Overall ratings combining test & 1 day and based on full strength elevens.

1. Australia
2. Pakistan
3. India
4. South Africa
5. Sri Lanka
6. New Zealand
7. West Indies
8. England
9. Bangladesh

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Does what it says on the tin. I'd be interested to see how everybody thought the sides should be ranked, based on their own personal opinion, or a points system they have devised (do share it). The reason I believe it could be interesting is that there was a lot of debate over whether England are #2 or not...so go on... let's see...

TESTS

1-Australia
2-England
3-Pakistan
4-South Africa
5-India
6-Sri Lanka
7-New Zealand
8-West Indies

ODIS

1-Australia
2-South Africa
3-Pakistan
4-West Indies
5-India
6-Sri Lanka
7-New Zealand
8-England

Er, that ODi one needs a lot of work. Don't read too much into it, I'll have a think about that. I stand by my Test rankings, though
I don't generally like making posts like this but...

I agree.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Tests
1.Australia
2.England
3.South Africa
4.Pakistan
5.India
6.Sri Lanka
7.New Zealand
8.West Indies

One Dayers
1.Australia
2.South Africa
3.Sri Lanka
4.Pakistan
5.West Indies
6.India
7.New Zealand
8.England
9.Bangladesh

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well considering in recent times that NZ have beaten Pakistan, South Africa AND India..I find it difficult to see them being way down ranked #7 or #8.
Not to mention a 4-1 result against the West Indies.

The problem is that sometimes we capitulate quite badly to Australia and that makes things seem worse than they really are.

howardj

International Coach
Tests
Australia
England
Pakistan
South Africa
India
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
West Indies
Bangladesh

oz_fan

International Regular
Tests
Australia
England
Pakistan
South Africa
India
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
West Indies
Bangladesh
Those would be my test rankings as well.

For ODI's I would have:
1. Australia
2. South Africa
3. Sri Lanka
4. Pakistan
5. New Zealand
6. India
7. West Indies
8. England

Not much between WI, India, NZ and Pakistan in the ODI's.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well considering in recent times that NZ have beaten Pakistan, South Africa AND India..I find it difficult to see them being way down ranked #7 or #8.
How recent is recent for a side that have played about 3 Tests in the last 2 years?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not to mention a 4-1 result against the West Indies.
What it comes down to is its almost impossible to definitively separate teams 2 to 7. You can claim that SA are 2 more-so then any other team, but other than that its all unpredictable.

I mean what it comes down to is NZ is still not a surety of making it into the finals in a ODI tournament that has England in it, and they lost a match to England, an early one as well.