• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has anyone else noticed it?

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
I want to know who this Jay Kaborum bloke is. He's scoring a lot of runs for us, hitting a lot of sixes, but I have no idea who he is.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Quite a few people used to call Robin Singh as Robin Smith by mistake.

Venkatraghavan was of course impossible to pronounce for some commentators and he got the nick named rent-a-wagon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or Venkat...

Quite honestly, I only ever recall hearing one person in the 30 or 40 Tests I saw him Umpire, call him Venkatraghavan, that being the aforementioned MCJ...

Craig

World Traveller
Worse than this, CricInfo - supposedly the statistics keeper for most major cricket teams - is listing Darren Bravo as his brother Dwayne. They've changed all the records of Dwayne Bravo from DJJ Bravo (as is correct) to DJ Bravo and appear to be attributing Darren J. Bravo's stats to Dwayne's record. They listen Dwayne as having played for the West Indies in India at the same time as he was in Trinidad, representing T&T. How embarrassing for them.

I've emailed them twice about this since I noticed it, but they have not changed it yet.
Either that or Mr Bravo has mastered the ability to clone himself and/or travel through time so quickly he can appear to be two places at once.

Give this guy the Nobel Prize!