• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kaneria (Should he be given a bit prolonged chance in the Pak ODI squad)?

Kaneria for the ODI squad ?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As everyone who is everyone knows... anyone connected with The PCB are not experts. The PCB have never done a single thing right in their entire existence. That includes appointing selectors.

(Note... sarcasm... hope some might have picked it up anyhow)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seriously though, what is the reason for Kaneria being so rubbish at ODIs? I wouldn't pick him by any means - Rehman looks a good bowler and Kaneria has looked completely horrible in all the ODIs I've seen him in, but his List A record is superb and he always took me as a fairly accurate bowler in the tests I've seen him play.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It certainly makes no sense to me, same way it's made no sense to me how God-awful Stuart Clark has been in ODIs.

Just imagine what an attack Aus would have for the next couple of months if Clark was as good in ODIs as almost everything suggests he should be... McGrath, Clark, Bracken and Lee... :blink:

And that's before you even think about Watson\Hogg\Johnson.

FRAZ

International Captain
As everyone who is everyone knows... anyone connected with The PCB are not experts. The PCB have never done a single thing right in their entire existence. That includes appointing selectors.

(Note... sarcasm... hope some might have picked it up anyhow)
I am racist towards PCB . Well said there Rich . These goofs picked and dropped and then drop , drop and re-picked Shoaib & Azhar and kept injured Shoiab Malik in the team for the recent tour . This nude poker card king of selectors (Bari) is doing a ridiculos job . They picked ,drop , drop , picked and then partialy picked Waqar Younis as a bowling coach . They dumped , partialy picked and then picked the Mushtaq the Pillsbury Ahmed . They made a great stadium but only for decoration (Qaddafi) and there is not much of a seating there. Just don't let me start over here cuz the next chapter is the captaincy , so ....... !!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Racist...? :unsure:

Prejudiced, d'ya mean?

It's kinda hard to be racist against a Cricket Board...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, nah man, prejudiceable, but if it's racist it has to be due to the colour of their skin... and I'd imagine that's not the reason you're anti- them... :laugh:

shortpitched713

International Captain
My comment was correlated with the long term solution providing tactics !
Yes, by opening up to the thought of dropping Rana (a seamer) for Rehman (finger spinner) I am actually showing a willingness to try an all leg spinner bowling strategy where every ODI Tom, Dick, and Kaneria will find a place in the team.
An astute observation once again FRAZ, and I stand in awe of your deductive skills.

FRAZ

International Captain
Yes, by opening up to the thought of dropping Rana (a seamer) for Rehman (finger spinner) I am actually showing a willingness to try an all leg spinner bowling strategy where every ODI Tom, Dick, and Kaneria will find a place in the team.
An astute observation once again FRAZ, and I stand in awe of your deductive skills.
My friend SP
The whole point in this thread was that Kaneria has always performed and he stood alone whenever Pakistan needed him to get the wickets or to get through the overs . The gentleman is a mature bowler and he is well with in the target range of 500 + test wickets . I think that he has improved his stamina and he is never afraid of bowling to any potential dangerous opponent . His A class record is good and his test record is also not bad . So IMHO he has all the ingredients to become an attacking ODI bowler . "Labeling" is a basic problem with our beloved captain and PCB .Kaneria might provide a different weaponry to the Pakistan bowling attack . And for me a good Leg spinner is always good to have in the squad . There are different known chokers of Leg spin e.g. WI ,ENG etc etc . Look at the other spin options that Pakistan has i.e. off spin , off spin , off spin . I do not want to doubt the ability of Shahid Afridi to effectively leg spin the ball but IMHO he is an un conventional cricketer who some how never could get out of the tape-ball circuit .
Abdul Rehman is a good addition but he is not the variety that I am looking for and Rehman may well cement his place in the world cricket books as an excellent off spinner but my point stands alone that he is a different variety . The openers with low Testostron level are being replaced every now and then , Sami is added and so is Rao . They do not seem to have any plan tbh . Kaneria should at least be given a chance to stay with the touring ODI side and he should be given some what prolonged chance in the ODI's and if he doesn't perform then I do not want him in the side . So please spread the word of wisdom to all the people who are attached to this cricket team . This term "Labeling" has been the cause of almost every ethnic and religious war in the world .World is labeled and divided . Humans of Iraq are considered as "Iraqis" and not men ,women and children . Color , caste and labeling of cricketers may lead us to the disastrous end of this sinful world . I 'hope' . And I do not want to let my hope slip away from my mind . I stood alone in this beautiful place as I saw "Hair" officiating Pak - Eng series . I predicted disaster and I said that "I reject the out come of this series " . I was taunted and people were standing in awe of my deductive skills .I may have lost my "reader's poll ratings" . But truth was visible . So the summary of this whole thread that I have already written in pieces is that Kaneria is not a bad bowler and give him a chance .
Truly
Fraz M Waraich

shortpitched713

International Captain
Overall our spin options look good right now. Afridi and Malik are quality spin bowling allrounders and Rehman has looked good so far. Why try someone like Kaneria who has already had failures in ODI cricket when we have good options on the table right now. Sure I wouldn't be averse to experimentation later on in the future, but our World Cup plan does not include Kaneria. Period.

FRAZ

International Captain
Overall our spin options look good right now. Afridi and Malik are quality spin bowling allrounders and Rehman has looked good so far. Why try someone like Kaneria who has already had failures in ODI cricket when we have good options on the table right now. Sure I wouldn't be averse to experimentation later on in the future, but our World Cup plan does not include Kaneria. Period.
I also never forced that Kaneria should be a member of WC squad . Thats not going to help any Pakistani WC cause . I meant that he should be groomed slowly but surely ,but for this WC ,Hell NO !!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/280181.html
Pc the f'in b = Dumb guys ! They did listen to me , but incompletely . I sure said that Kaneria should be in the side but think a thousand times before sending him to the WC ........
So far my stances and prophecies (Things that I have been publicly backing up and my predictions)
1. Shortage of ODI overs (Partially fulfilled and actually they messed it up by introducing a T20 version)
2. Shoaib Akhtar = legend (status=fulfilled)
3. Pak - Eng series = results unacceptable (status=fulfilled)
4. disaster prediction upon watching Hair (status=fulfilled)
5. My stance was to sack him (status=fulfilled)
6. Shoaib Akhtar be sent to SA (status=fulfilled)
7. Kaneria to be picked up in the squad . (status=fulfilled but dumb guys picked him up so so so quickly and should have waited for the end of WC)
8. I*** = vague captain (fulfilled)
9. Younis = future disaster as a captain , (status=in progress)
10. SS = future legend of cricket media (status=wtf)
11. Shoaib to be set free (status=fulfilled)
12. PCB = worst performing board (status=in progress)

FRAZ

International Captain
Serious thing first now !
Upon hearing Kaneria's inclusion in the squad Rameez said "It's a great move" . Welcome to my club Mr Raja . Although it was too early ......