View Poll Results: Kaneria for the ODI squad ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should be given a prolonged chance in the ODIs

    14 40.00%
  • I love Inzamam and whatever he thinks and Kaneria should never play ODIs

    21 60.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 95

Thread: Kaneria (Should he be given a bit prolonged chance in the Pak ODI squad)?

  1. #46
    International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    For those who have watched Rehman, why isnt he playing? Ive never seen him bowl, but he has an excellent domestic and international record thus far and Osman Samiuddin seems to rate him yet the likes of Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved make it in ahead of him.
    Because theres no room for him in the team. The obvious choice would have been to have him in place of Afridi, but that seems very unlikely now. Replacing him for either of the other two would not be smart either as Malik provides a lot with the bat, and Naved apart from recently has been a world class one day bowler. Also taking Naved out for him would probably leave Pakistan a seamer short.
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

    Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

  2. #47
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    The only time recently that Rana has looked a ODI-class bowler was that WI series. Other than that, he's been woeful (as predicted by yours-truly) for the last year.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  3. #48
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    Because theres no room for him in the team. The obvious choice would have been to have him in place of Afridi, but that seems very unlikely now. Replacing him for either of the other two would not be smart either as Malik provides a lot with the bat, and Naved apart from recently has been a world class one day bowler. Also taking Naved out for him would probably leave Pakistan a seamer short.
    theres no room for someone averaging 15 @3.06? Honestly i dont think Malik offers much and im convinced that Rana doesnt either given that he cant land 2 balls on the same spot in an over.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

  4. #49
    International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,220
    I guess there might be a case for dropping Rana, but then we'd be a seamer short, and I'm not sure how comfortable I am with either Razzaq or Mahmood opening the bowling. Malik, on the other hand is one of our best batsmen and our best allrounder. I don't see how you can say he doesn't "offer much" and I don't see how you can replace him with a guy who doesn't offer much at all with the bat.


  5. #50
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Razzaq and Mahmood have opened plenty before.

    And in any case - they can't possibly be worse than Rana!

  6. #51
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    I guess there might be a case for dropping Rana, but then we'd be a seamer short, .
    Slowly but surely people are realizing the worth of a good leggie .
    Excellent !
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  7. #52
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,730
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Slowly but surely people are realizing the worth of a good leggie .
    Excellent !
    He was talking about dropping Rana for Rehman, not Kaneria.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  8. #53
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He was talking about dropping Rana for Rehman, not Kaneria.
    My comment was correlated with the long term solution providing tactics !

  9. #54
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    576
    Rana is a mystery bowler for me,he's either a top class performer or complete rubbish, someone here has very wrongly stated that Rana only bowled well in Pak Wi series.Truth is that Rana has won man of Series awards for his One day bowling before too, one was against India.

  10. #55
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianByHeart View Post
    Rana is a mystery bowler for me,he's either a top class performer or complete rubbish, someone here has very wrongly stated that Rana only bowled well in Pak Wi series.Truth is that Rana has won man of Series awards for his One day bowling before too, one was against India.
    Good one . I guess that he has all the ingredients to attack the stumps but the area where IMHO he really struggles is his punchable length and wayward out swing .

  11. #56
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianByHeart View Post
    Rana is a mystery bowler for me,he's either a top class performer or complete rubbish, someone here has very wrongly stated that Rana only bowled well in Pak Wi series.Truth is that Rana has won man of Series awards for his One day bowling before too, one was against India.
    Rana has only ever bowled well against India and West Indies - and even then only some of the time.

  12. #57
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Rana has only ever bowled well against India and West Indies - and even then only some of the time.
    That is the problem cuz when he does bowl good he reflects the golden old Waqar Younis ,and when he doesn't then he becomes Sami ..

  13. #58
    State 12th Man jammay123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    730
    they dont need danish. they have afridi and hafeez who can bowl a few spin overs for them. and the fact is he cant bat and he isnt really that special of a bowler. very overrated. he aint no monty

  14. #59
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by jammay123 View Post
    they dont need danish. they have afridi and hafeez who can bowl a few spin overs for them. and the fact is he cant bat and he isnt really that special of a bowler. very overrated. he aint no monty
    They need a decent leg spinner to add up a reasonable variety in the squad . Hafeez ,Malik etc etc are almost the same sort of bowlers . Yes they have Abdul Rehman who is a good prospect but I don't know why people have to judge Kaneria over his limited performance in the initial ODI's that he played . I need an expert on this issue tbh !!!!!!

  15. #60
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,730
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    They need a decent leg spinner to add up a reasonable variety in the squad . Hafeez ,Malik etc etc are almost the same sort of bowlers . Yes they have Abdul Rehman who is a good prospect but I don't know why people have to judge Kaneria over his limited performance in the initial ODI's that he played . I need an expert on this issue tbh !!!!!!
    An expert? Like say... national team selectors? Well there we have it then.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Razzaq best bowler in CURRENT Pak squad and ranked 35th!!
    By Turbinator in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 09:30 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
  3. Sri Lankan Squad for the 1 st ODI
    By pramoda in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 04:07 AM
  4. Sri Lankan Squad for the 1 st ODI
    By pramoda in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 05:06 AM
  5. Indian test squad for West Indies
    By IqbalJaved in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •