View Poll Results: Kaneria for the ODI squad ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should be given a prolonged chance in the ODIs

14 40.00%
  • I love Inzamam and whatever he thinks and Kaneria should never play ODIs

21 60.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaneria (Should he be given a bit prolonged chance in the Pak ODI squad)?

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    It's not about Akhtar all the time tbh ! And it's not the basic issue over here .
    over in canada?

Kaneria isn't good enough with the ball to justify his place in the ODI outfit considering his crud fielding and batting.

Plus Pakistan have various spinning allrounders in the shorter form who they can use.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Rehman is the best ODI spinner in Pakistan and so is getting his deserved chance.
    Agreed with that.
    RIP Craigos

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    This is just your assumption . Inzamam clearly doesn't like Kaneria to play for the ODIs and do you want me to prove it now ?????
    Maybe because Kaneria is a rubbish ODI bowler. He's never actually done anything to suggest that he's a better OD spinner than the other options at hand for Pakistan.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kaneria isn't good enough with the ball to justify his place in the ODI outfit considering his crud fielding and batting.

Plus Pakistan have various spinning allrounders in the shorter form who they can use.
    I take it one of the spinning allrounders is Mr Afridi - Kaneria can't bat worse than he's done recently! I wonder how many times in the forthcoming SA ODI series Afridi will throw his wicket away by slogging it straight up in the air before he's played himself in - IMO 3 times (at least!)
    Ian Botham, Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Daniela Hantuchova....a fan of you all FOREVER!!!
    Can't wait to see Australia field a crap leg-spinner like Hollland or Hohns again.....
    Congratulations to Daniela Hantuchova on her 3rd career title....
    Bob Woolmer 1948-2007..farewell to the best coach England never had...
    Arise Sir Beefy....
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb...

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Considering Inzamam is quite possibly my second favorite player in the world, I'll go with him.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    at FRAZ and Fus.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Kaneria needs to stop whinging every time he doesn't get into the ODI squad, it just reflects poorly on his personality.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Captain

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Rehman is the best ODI spinner in Pakistan and so is getting his deserved chance, Kaneria cant even win you a test match on a crumbling pitch.
    Rehman is a great bowler plus he has a a good batting style too . For what I saw in the 20/20 competition ,Rehman proved himself to be an outstanding prospect. BUT I also have a valid point and that is that Danish already has enough international exposure plus I guess Danish hasn't played much in the ODI squad plus I guess that his bowling was not so so so so bad as compared to many many other ODI starters.It's not about the fasties or offies or overall the player value ,IMHO Kaneria may bring a good variety to the ODI squad . And also I never meant that Kaneria should be given a license to play in the Odis for like 5-6 years ,I believe that Kaneria should stay with the team tbh and he should be given some good chances to prove his worth .People often take me wrong when bar Saqlain/Murali (exceptional cases) ,I always give preference to a decent leggie to be a part of the international ODI squad . I firmly believe(as far as my playing experience is concerned) ,that in this modern day batsmen dominated ODI cricket a decent leggie is always going to be a problem for the Hammer heads !!!!
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

The question, FRAZ, is is Danish decent enough?

International Captain
    The question, FRAZ, is is Danish decent enough?
    Rich you have seen him playing in the tests , Haven't you ? ANd by the way nothing hurts if Sami is replaced by him .....

Oh, certainly, he's a better bet than Sami anyday. But so are Shoaib, Asif, Shabbir, Gul, Shahid Naz, and hell, even Rana and Rao.

I've seen Danish in Tests, yeah, and he sometimes looks the most accurate bowler in The World. But IMO he loses patience too easily, and patience is perhaps the single most important quality in a one-day bowler.

International Captain
    Oh, certainly, he's a better bet than Sami anyday. But so are Shoaib, Asif, Shabbir, Gul, Shahid Naz, and hell, even Rana and Rao.

I've seen Danish in Tests, yeah, and he sometimes looks the most accurate bowler in The World. But IMO he loses patience too easily, and patience is perhaps the single most important quality in a one-day bowler.
    You are right here but my point still stands that let him be tried at some point now . I guess it's worth it !!

Thing is, though, the Rehmans and Arshads are deservedly ahead of him at present.

International Captain
    Thing is, though, the Rehmans and Arshads are deservedly ahead of him at present.
    Arshad's are a long gone stories and as far as Rehman is concerned I am pretty sure that he hasn't got any thing which we can say is way over Kaneria. And as I have mentioned earlier that look at the team , There are a few offies there and Kaneria may become a different variety . And once again I am not saying that Kaneria should be picked up right away for the WC squad ,I think that Kaneria should be given SOME chance and let him be tried for lets say hmmmm a couple of decent series .And Kaneria may not be worse than the usual failures in the team ... Like Imran said that atleast we should keep the decent players with the squad so that they keep on adjusting themselves mentally while being outside the ground ...........

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information