• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Xl

Fiery

Banned
Resorting to picking up spelling errors. How very sad.:laugh:
If you're trying to be funny it helps if you check the spelling on something like that otherwise the joke will usually fall flat. It was such a poor joke on this occasion that it didn't have much chance anyway, but try to remember that next time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If you're trying to be funny it helps if you check the spelling on something like that otherwise the joke will usually fall flat. It was such a poor joke on this occasion that it didn't have much chance anyway, but try to remember that next time.
To quote yourself:
Stop being so anal about it.

8-)

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Test
Alastair Cook
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Mohammed Yousuf
Kevin Pietersen
Michael Hussey
Kumar Sangakkara
Stuart Clark
Muttiah Muralitharan
Mohammed Asif
Makhaya Ntini

One Dayers
Chris Gayle
Adam Gilchrist
Rahul Dravid
Ricky Ponting
MS Dhoni
Andrew Symonds
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Daniel Vettori
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken

Steulen

International Regular
Tests
Hussey
Dravid
Ponting
Yousuf
Kallis
Inzamam
Boucher
Pollock
Asif
Ntini
Muralitharan

ODI
Gayle
Jayasuriya
Ponting
Symonds
Kallis
Hussey
Gilchrist
Vettori
Lee
Bracken
Muralitharan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tests:
Cook
Hayden
Ponting
Dravid
Yousuf
Hussey
Sangakkara
Pollock
Ntini
Murali
Asif

Considered dropping Cook/Hayden, opening up with Hussey allowing for Pietersen to slide in the middle order but thought if you're making a World XI you may as well play players that actually bat in similar positions when they play for their country.

ODIs:
Jayasuriya
Gayle
Ponting
Pietersen
Clarke/Symonds/Yuvraj (Yuvi probably on the outer because of his recent injury)
Hussey
Dhoni+
Pollock
Bracken
Murali
McGrath

You could drop Dhoni and Jayasuriya for Gilchrist, with Gilly opening and then allowing Symonds or Clarke (whoever wasn't picked) to fit in the middle order, I was considering that. Either way the bowling is fine with McGrath, Pollock, Bracken and Murali to be so economical its not even funny, and then Gayle and Jayasuriya are very intelligent ODI bowlers who could share the load.

These were just off the top of my head, and are based on very recent form. The most obvious person left out is Freddy in both forms, but his recent injury and lack of form made me just leave him out.

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
test
1 smith
2 dravid
3 ponting
4 kallis
5 yousuf
6 hussey
7 sangakkara
8 pollock
9 asif
10 muralitharan
11 ntini

odi
1 gilchrist
2 gayle
3 ponting
4 pietersen
5 symonds
6 hussey
7 oram
8 vettori
9 pollock
10 bond
11 mcgrath

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TESTS

Initial squad

Openers:
Hayden
Cook
Strauss

(real shortage of quality openers right now. I know people will think I'm just being biased or whatever, but I do rate Strauss very highly)

Middle Order Bats
Hussey
Ponting
Dravid
Pietersen
Yousuf
Inzamam

All-rounders
Flintoff
Watson

Keepers
Gilchrist
Sangakarra
Read

Spin Bowlers
Muralitharan

Seamers
Ntini
Clark
Hoggard
Asif
Akhtar
Lee

Final XI:

Hayden
Strauss
Ponting*
Dravid
Yousuf
Pietersen
Flintoff
Gilchrist+
Clark
Ntini
Muralitharan

Toyed with putting Read in at 8 tbh, but thought it was worth sticking Gilly in. I've probably left a gaping hole somewhere, but I've tried to base it around form of the last 12-18 months.

It's pretty obvious to me that middle order bats is where international Cricket is best at the moment

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
How one could consider having read over gilchrist is criminal (Boucher is miles ahead of read!!). As for cook, i dont believe hes done enough to justify a place.Clark hasnt played enough games to get in my team. Ive stuck dravid as opener because i believe he has the technique to handle that position, much better than using cook imo. Murali has to make the side! How can you leave him out?

Dravid
Hayden
Ponting
Yousuf
Pietersen
Hussey
Gilchrist
Flintoff
Ntini
Murali
Asif

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How one could consider having read over gilchrist is criminal (Boucher is miles ahead of read!!). As for cook, i dont believe hes done enough to justify a place.Clark hasnt played enough games to get in my team. Ive stuck dravid as opener because i believe he has the technique to handle that position, much better than using cook imo. Murali has to make the side! How can you leave him out?

Dravid
Hayden
Ponting
Yousuf
Pietersen
Hussey
Gilchrist
Flintoff
Ntini
Murali
Asif
Well many label Read the world's premier glovesman, which is part of why I considered him, and partly because I'm simply a biased Englishman :p. Nonetheless, I chose the side that I consider to be the best possible side, and the England players in it deserve to be IMO

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well many label Read the world's premier glovesman, which is part of why I considered him, and partly because I'm simply a biased Englishman :p. Nonetheless, I chose the side that I consider to be the best possible side, and the England players in it deserve to be IMO
Three Englishman, out of eight main nations, deserve to be in a World XI?

Hayden
Smith (coming back to form now)
Ponting*
Dravid
Yousuf
Hussey
Kallis
Gilchrist+
Clark/Asif
Ntini
Muralitharan

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Strauss is debatable for sure. Pietersen, okay, not everyone would have him in, but I would, and Flintoff , recent form is shaky, but is without peer as the world's #1 all-rounder IMo (and I've batted him at 7). I said I considered read but thought better of it, because he doesn't deserve to be close tbh.

Natman20

International Debutant
ODI

C Gayle
M Hayden
*R Ponting
M Yousuf
+K Sangakarra
M Hussey
A Flintoff
D Vettori
N Bracken