• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian "Pace" Bowlers ? Whats the Problems , how can better ones mould?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Also many youngsters don't play cricket seriously. They are really really talented but nobody encurages to play especially in villages. I have seen some who probably would be in 140's kmph but they think it's a waste of time. I wonder if atleast 1 % play cricket seriously.
I thought everyone in India was totally passionate about their cricket though? So if some one did bowl 140 kmph wouldnt that person be noted soon ? because hes doing something outstanding ?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Bias at its max here is a peice from the article of the squad being selected for the NZ tour. Any sign of SOUTH being mentioned in that were there are some players that need to be noticed ?

"The selection committee, chaired by former Test player Brijesh Patel comprises of Kiran More (West Zone), Kirti Azad (North), Pronab Roy (East) and Sanjay Jagdale (central)."

masterblaster

International Captain
theres not much bias is majority of the Indian team is from the south

Kumble, Srinath, Dravid, Prasad, Joshi, Ramesh, Sriram, Badani, Robin have all been from the south so theres really not much bias there.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Why isn't the fast bowling academy in India producing better fast bowlers? Top notch coaches are at this academy giving advice.

I guess the youngsters think why should I bowl fast. They watch matches like the latest ones against the WI and see the fast bowlers getting flogged around the ground. It's hardly a good incentive.

Then when India goes to countries with harder and faster pitches then they get found out.

Bazza

International 12th Man
So the authorities should be saying we need to produce pitches with something for the seamers. But that would cost money initially, and indirectly because ODIs might be less entertaining with the bowlers on top and money would be lost that way.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
and indirectly because ODIs might be less entertaining
I dont think that would be a safe statement to make :P O.D.Is at the present time are a lot more entertaining that test cricket it seems

Yea Argonaut you are right there too , India has one of the top Pace Academies in the world with the worlds best fast bowlers their coaching and giving advice , yet hardly anyone is coming out of there , recently the only one is Yohannan....

masterblaster

International Captain
Well speaking of the MRF Pace Foundation, a lot of fast bowlers have graduated.

Srinath, Prasad, Zaheer Khan, Tinu Yohannan, Iqbal Siddiqui, Subroto Banerjee, Ashish Zaidi, Feroze Ghayas

Only a handful of these played cricket for India Consistently, otherwise they all havent been tried yet.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness

I dont think that would be a safe statement to make :P O.D.Is at the present time are a lot more entertaining that test cricket it seems
Bazza was saying that if ODIs became more bowler-dominated in the long term, then ODIs would be less entertaining and so the BCCI would get less revenue.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness

Bazza was saying that if ODIs became more bowler-dominated in the long term, then ODIs would be less entertaining and so the BCCI would get less revenue.