• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English hopes

andmark

International Captain
With a young aussie team in 2009 ashes will england be in high spirits,because of no Warne or mcgrath.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Not so sure about that mate.All this talk about the Aussies being nothing when Warne and McGrath go might not be that true.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
With a young aussie team in 2009 ashes will england be in high spirits,because of no Warne or mcgrath.
They won't be in high spirits atm. Might not have high spirits in 2 years either. Depends how they do in that time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I doubt it will worry people like KP tbh, he doesn't really seem to get affected by anything tbh.
Bouncer in the ribcage stopped him farting in church quite effectively tho, as I recall.

Anyway "English hopes" is clearly an oxymoron like "Australian culture" or "South African humility".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

This must be the most original thought in The World!

And I might add: here's a very possible Australia team in 2009, with ages in brackets:
Michael Hussey (34)
Philip Jaques (30)
Ricky Thomas Ponting (34)
Bradley Hodge (34)
Michael Clarke (28)
Shane Watson (28)
Bradley Haddin (31)
Stuart Rupert Clark (33)
Jason Gillespie (34)
Mitchell Johnson (27)
Shaun Tait (26)
Which is hardly a young team. A good one, certainly, but not young.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, I guessed something like that.

I was 10 once, too, y'know... now there's a thought...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

And I might add: here's a very possible Australia team in 2009, with ages in brackets:
Michael Hussey (34)
Philip Jaques (30)
Bradley Hodge (34)
Michael Clarke (28)
Shane Watson (28)
Bradley Haddin (31)
Stuart Rupert Clark (33)
Jason Gillespie (34)
Mitchell Johnson (27)
Shaun Tait (26)
What an awesome middle name!

DCC_legend

International Regular
Possibly, but maybe because the team would be more experienced as the younger players (cook and panesar to name but a few) play more and more test and ODI cricket. Saying that england will probably still get beat, unless austrailia do an england in 2009!!:laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Michael Hussey (34)
Philip Jaques (30)
Bradley Hodge (34)
Michael Clarke (28)
Shane Watson (28)
Bradley Haddin (31)
Stuart Rupert Clark (33)
Jason Gillespie (34)
Mitchell Johnson (27)
Shaun Tait (26)
Wouldn't have Hussey opening tbh. It's not as if he's gone badly in the middle order.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Michael Hussey (34)
Philip Jaques (30)
Bradley Hodge (34)
Michael Clarke (28)
Shane Watson (28)
Bradley Haddin (31)
Stuart Rupert Clark (33)
Jason Gillespie (34)
Mitchell Johnson (27)
Shaun Tait (26)

Not bad, but the selectors may go for a team that looks more like this.

1. Chris Rogers (32)
2. Philip Jaques (30)
3. Ricky Ponting (34)
4. Michael Hussey (34)
5. Michael Clarke (28)
6. Shane Watson (28)
7. Bradley Haddin (31)
8. Brett Lee (32)
9. Nathan Hauritz/Dan Cullen/Cullen Bailey/Beau Casson/Aaron Heal/Jason Krejza/Jack McNamara/Xavier Doherty/Cameron White/Some Spinner
10. Stuart Rupert Clark (33)
11. Shaun Tait (26)/Mitchell Johnson (whoever made the most progress by then in terms of technique and how they've actually gone test wise.

Personally:

1. Chris Rogers
2. Phil Jaques
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Hussey
5. Michael Clarke
6. Simon Katich*
7. Luke Ronchi+
8. Brett Lee
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Stuart Clark
11. Mitchell Johnson

Katich and Clarke to tweak it.

Will never happen. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Let's be honest, noone will get it right this far ahead. There's always one player who noone had even heard of/expected to be in the Test side that makes it.