Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent on the Aussies........

Vincent on the Aussies........

Interesting article http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/...ry/278286.html

I think in fairness it was Allan Border that started that culture in the 1989 ashes. Botham mentioned that he had always been good mates with Border up until that series, but suddenly in that 89 ashes, Border wouldn't give him or the other English players the time of day. It was a culture that mean't you were in war with the opposition and i think they have carried that mentality as a team to this day. Obviously you would have to say that its worked.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    I heard Hayden on the radio "water off a ducks back" was all he had to say
    You know it makes sense.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Good banter between the two big chins
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    I heard Hayden on the radio "water off a ducks back" was all he had to say
    I'm hardly suprised to here that. Hayden to me appears to be the most arrogant of the Aussies, even more so than Ponting, Not that its a bad thing.

So whats wrong with it aussies play their cricket hard, but they didn't abuse vincent. What does he think when calls aussies a "pack of dogs", he thinks aussies are not humble enough which is completly wrong if they were arrogant there is no way they could have dominated world cricket for more than a decade the way the did?

Vincent is in for some hard time at the crease now, needless really when he was going so well with the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    So whats wrong with it aussies play their cricket hard, but they didn't abuse vincent. What does he think when calls aussies a "pack of dogs", he thinks aussies are not humble enough which is completly wrong if they were arrogant there is no way they could have dominated world cricket for more than a decade the way the did?

Haha, what the hell?

Australia being arrogant and hunting in packs would make them more likely to dominate World Cricket.

Vincent is in for some hard time at the crease now, needless really when he was going so well with the bat.

Not so sure about that, according to the article, it brings the best out of him

Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Not so sure about that, according to the article, it brings the best out of him
    Yeah. Vincent has never been afraid to dance around the issue in the past. He just says what he thinks and I respect him more for it.

What does he think when calls aussies a "pack of dogs"
    Looks like someone is still waiting to be taught about similes...

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Haha, what the hell?

Australia being arrogant and hunting in packs would make them more likely to dominate World Cricket.
    I don't think being arrogant would help, given that it would make them cocky and more prone to complacency.

Anyway, not much new in the article. Australians either "play hard" or "are abusive" depending on your perspective, and they win a lot.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Must say I was quite bemused by Hayden's response

"If he considers that to be the case, I'm not unhappy about it, to be honest," Hayden said in Brisbane.

"Regardless of what Lou says, it's water off a duck's back as far as Australia is concerned." Hayden, who scored 117 against New Zealand on Sunday, said the comments reflected the competitive nature of Australian athletes.

"It's doesn't matter what sport ... we could be playing kick a cockroach from here to the wall and we'd want to be competitive," he said. "In the heat of the battle New Zealand and Australia is one of the finest competitions you can play. They're in our country and we're very excited about the way we're playing and we're working exceptionally hard to what is ahead of us."
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

what about the kick the cockroach game lol
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Look all the things that have been said by vincent if were said in a lighter and honourous manner than nobody was complaining . But he was rude and disrespectful, if aussies were arrogant and complacent about their achievements then i don't think they could have ever been so dominant.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I hesitate to attempt to explain something to unbelievably straightforward, but the phrase "they hunt like a pack of dogs" isn't equivalent to saying "they are a pack of dogs". If Vincent said that Hayden was "as strong as an ox", would that mean he actually thought he was an ox? Or that he shared the other characteristics of an ox, like say having four legs and eating grass?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information