• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ab V Kp

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
who cares the way england are playing they all should have left, could not have or played or currently play any worse.......

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like Aus are already worrying about 2009. They're obviously terrified about what KP will do to them then, so this is just another sad effort to stir things up a bit in the England camp. Not terribly edifying, but we're used to it by now.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pretty pathetic from AB, really. KP can do what he likes, he's got no right butting in to give his views on something that doesn't concern him.

pasag

RTDAS
Pretty pathetic from AB, really. KP can do what he likes, he's got no right butting in to give his views on something that doesn't concern him.
Tbf it was on a cricket panel discussion type show where these topics are going to come up. I don't agree with him though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sounds like Aus are already worrying about 2009. They're obviously terrified about what KP will do to them then, so this is just another sad effort to stir things up a bit in the England camp. Not terribly edifying, but we're used to it by now.
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just an Aussie trying to make something out of nothing.
Coming from Allan Border who almost killed Dean Jones by implying he was "soft" for not leaving the field when he had a debilitating illness, I'm hardly surprised.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pietersen definetly erred in saying that he was "relieved" to be back in England, and it doesn't send a good message to his team-mates back home.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I don't see what's wrong with saying that you are relieved to get ho, after being away from home for a good 4 months of hell, fair play to KP.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
What utter tosh. England's one and only chance of success in the World Cup will be if KP is fit. Risking coming back two weeks after cracking ribs for a slim chance of progress in a meaningless three nation tournament would be total stupidity.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen definetly erred in saying that he was "relieved" to be back in England, and it doesn't send a good message to his team-mates back home.
I can't say it does, but equally I don't blame him for being relieved, even if to say so wasn't the wisest idea.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But equally I don't see him winning the Cup for us on his own.

Him, Trescothick and Flintoff, however, and we have a ghost - and only that - of a chance.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
KP, Tresco & Freddi could all be 100% fit and England still wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the WC.

Even if they got to the final, they'd probably get smeared all over the wall by Aus again. I have a horrid feeling that this WC is going to be extremely predictable.

Aus will win at a canter. WI will cause some sort of major upset (knock India out, most likely). Pakistan will look a million bucks, but then lose to a minor team and collapse in the Semi. SA will also look a million bucks, but contrive to turn a surefire victory into a totally bizarre, crushing and competition ending defeat in their by now trademark way. England will expect, like the Ashes, and they'll go home in tatters, Fletcher will resign.