• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reebok Cricket Bats

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reebok may not necessarily manufacture the bats, just like MRF don't do their bats.

Not as stupid a question as you guys have made it out to be.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Have you put me on your ignore list?
Eh? Where did that come from?

I don't do ignore-lists, they're for the dumbaesses of this World who can't be bothered to reply to everything.

Yeah, I saw what you posted, if that's what you mean, I just thought I might add my two-cents.

After all, all I care about is my post-count, you know? 8-)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just had a quick Google check. Nothing really helped except a Wiki entry telling me that Reebok doesn't make the bats (but it didn't mention who made them).

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
:laugh: Another smart-ass answer...

I think someone should honestly answer this question seriously
You didn't.

I don't think it's a dumb question at all. Reebok is owned by Adidas, a german company that has very little, if anything, to do with cricket. So many products these days get re-badged by the company that markets them. Happens all the time in the automotive industry. Practically everything with a Microsoft logo on it was made by someone else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You didn't.

I don't think it's a dumb question at all. Reebok is owned by Adidas, a german company that has very little, if anything, to do with cricket. So many products these days get re-badged by the company that markets them. Happens all the time in the automotive industry. Practically everything with a Microsoft logo on it was made by someone else.
Reebok is owned by Adidas? :surprise:

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to buy a Reebok bat. This reminds me of Nike's newly found interest in footbal (soccer). They know nothing about the game - or really care to - but want everybody to believe they've a vested interest in the sport if they can make enough money out of it.

I wouldn't have a problem in Reebok's BATMAKING if they genuinely intended to use their marketing to spread the game into other countries. However, that isn't their intention.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I wouldn't be surprised if the players using Reebok bats are just using their old brand with Reebok stickers on them.

Are Reebok selling gloves, pads etc. and are the sponsored players using them?