• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reebok Cricket Bats

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I wouldn't be surprised if the players using Reebok bats are just using their old brand with Reebok stickers on them.

Are Reebok selling gloves, pads etc. and are the sponsored players using them?
You're definitely right, VVS still uses an SS bat from what I can tell, and it'd be the same as the rest.

Reebok vs. Nike is going on in Indian cricket, with many Indian batsman having the Reebok stickers on their bat but the Nike tick on their shirts. I think Reebok marketing their whole campaign around Dhoni was a brilliant move though, they took a punt early in his career and it paid off big time. Similar to Woodworm with Pietersen (thought they also had Freddy obviously).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You're definitely right, VVS still uses an SS bat from what I can tell, and it'd be the same as the rest.

Reebok vs. Nike is going on in Indian cricket, with many Indian batsman having the Reebok stickers on their bat but the Nike tick on their shirts. I think Reebok marketing their whole campaign around Dhoni was a brilliant move though, they took a punt early in his career and it paid off big time. Similar to Woodworm with Pietersen (thought they also had Freddy obviously).
Similarly, Woodworm offered Henriques big coin.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I got quite a surprise when I saw Mahela Jayawardene striding out with a big black "Rbk" sticker on his bat. Doesn't seem to have affected him, though. It does look a bit amateurish, though :(

FRAZ

International Captain
I've had a net with a Reebok. Very light and wide. Has an extremely thin toe on the bat though, really hurts your hands when it gets hit.
I get the same problem with my Slazenger .. These bats are turf bats and try not to pull too often and try playing with a straight bat . And save the edges and actually you can use the 3 coats of thick transparent tape on the sides and try to give a slight cushion of tape (underneath the rubber) on the lower part of the handle . And why am I telling you all this when you can save the bat for the matches and try to buy a cheap No name bat and practice with that in the nets !

FRAZ

International Captain
Dontcloseyoureyes

The one Rbk bat i have batted with(my friends which he got from india) was VERY heavy compared to most bats and all of its weight was near the top.
First of all there are different verities of Grey Nicolas , Slazenger and Reebok and secondly I doubt that the desi store keepers sell the original Reebok . I bought my slazenger for only 170 cd $ and its much more cheaper than Reebok and much much much better . Try it and you will know the difference !!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
And why am I telling you all this when you can save the bat for the matches and try to buy a cheap No name bat and practice with that in the nets !
Why would you want to practice with a markedly different bat from what you plan to use in a match? :blink:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I have a Puma Sheffield that I use in the nets and in games. Don't see the point in netting with a different bat, you need to get used to the feel of your bat IMO.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If it's a wet night on the track, I'll use a second bat. Also, if my favoured bat is close to breaking, I'll spare it for games. Also, using different bats in the nets can potentially help technical flaws, as long as you know what you're working on and how to correct it.