• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U19's v Ind U19's

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not sure if anyone knows that this series is going on but it's been a very interesting one.

In the first test India won convincingly at Lincoln but so far in the 2nd test NZ require just one more wicket today to beat India. India need another 88 runs to win.

The Indian side is carrying the likes of Chawla who has played alot more top level cricket than our guys so it's good that we're staying in the hunt.

I see Tim Southee has taken 11 wickets in the match. He is a gun player, quick bowler and capable of smashing a big amount of runs. I think he'll be stepping into the Northern Districts side pretty soon.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I asked Mum last night if I could go to the game at Carisbrook tomorrow, she laughed and said no.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Pitch must have been fairly green on the first day. Good second innings by the Kiwis though.

What a shame there isn't a good batsman for ND to choose from here, he'd walk into the current rubbish ND top order.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to confirm, NZ won the 2nd test by 73 runs. So there will be a decider to play back at Lincoln in a few days time.

NZ quick Tim Southee took 6 wickets in each innings. Michael Tairoa's 2nd innings century also made the difference in the match.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Just to confirm, NZ won the 2nd test by 73 runs. So there will be a decider to play back at Lincoln in a few days time.

NZ quick Tim Southee took 6 wickets in each innings. Michael Tairoa's 2nd innings century also made the difference in the match.
Why is it that ND always produce good bowlers.... Vettori, Tuffey, Butler, Davis, Doull, Martin, and now this young kid, but cant produce a batsman to save themselves.

Also noticed that Kane Williamson is only 16 years old. It might be a mistake in the info section but if thats true hes got two more years playing under 19's and he must be pretty good, to be playing two years above his age.

sideshowtim

Banned
Is this the same NZ Under 19's team that lost to Nepal or whoever in the WC last year? If so, India should be very worried if they are being beaten by them.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
jeez dude, are you going to make any decent discussion? or are you just here to flame a few people?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Kane Williamson was in the news about 2 years ago when he hit 4 consecutive hundreds in an u17 tournament at the age of 13. If I recall correctly he had been given a bat used by Graham Thorpe.

From what i've heard he's a special talent. But he's only 16 so there's no point hyping him up too much yet.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
As far as I know there is 1 test to go and the series is level 1-1. Then there are 3 one day matches.

I think the Indian side then head to Malaysia for a few games.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Is this the same NZ Under 19's team that lost to Nepal or whoever in the WC last year? If so, India should be very worried if they are being beaten by them.
The answer to your question: This team was picked after the recent U19 domestic tournament, I think. Most of the players are probably new to the team.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
There are only 3 players I believe in the current squad who went to the last U19 World Cup.

De Boorder, Southee and Bartlett. Probably the 3 best players out of the last lot.

Salamuddin

International Debutant

Australia have lost 8 out of their last nine u-19 games to the Indians...should they be very worried too ??

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh, I don't know much about this U19 cricket but how are the teams? In other words, how is each of them compared to others?

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Kane Williamson was in the news about 2 years ago when he hit 4 consecutive hundreds in an u17 tournament at the age of 13. If I recall correctly he had been given a bat used by Graham Thorpe.

From what i've heard he's a special talent. But he's only 16 so there's no point hyping him up too much yet.
To hell with that mate .... stick him in the NZ side. ...lol....we need all the help we can get, :laugh: