• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U19's v Ind U19's

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
There are only 3 players I believe in the current squad who went to the last U19 World Cup.

De Boorder, Southee and Bartlett. Probably the 3 best players out of the last lot.
I still laugh every time i see your avatar with Nepal celebrating their win against NZ.

Looks like NZ are playing a bit better and well actually playing a game for a change. Also looks like India are experimenting a lot.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I still laugh every time i see your avatar with Nepal celebrating their win against NZ.

Looks like NZ are playing a bit better and well actually playing a game for a change. Also looks like India are experimenting a lot.
India always rotate a shedload of players through their U/19 ranks up till the WC. Look at the difference in between the teams that took on England and Pakistan within a couple of months last year. I think you're underselling NZ's effort a bit here.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ pulled off a huge result if you ask me. None of our U19's are anywhere near first class cricket yet Piyush Chawla has played international cricket and a guy like Ishant Sharma has also been talked about recently as an international player.

The fact that we bounced back from the 1st test loss is good too. Even if we lose the 3rd test, NZC will be happy that we managed to compete.

I think Tim Southee will break into the Northern side soon though. That was a remarkable bowling performance.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Admittedly I forgot about Todd Astle. He made a quick progression into the Canterbury side, but I have noticed he hasn't been playing in the last 2 or 3 months.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Roneel Hira has been the other player to step up to First class cricket for Auckland.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Any of the Aucklanders know much about David Houpapa? Not sure what kinda age he is, but gee, he showed plenty of ball-striking ability the other day in that Twenty20 match - a lot of it straight down the ground too.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Represented Western Australia at youth level I heard. This is his first season playing back in Auckland club cricket and he's already shot straight into the Auckland side.

Looks a very solid player and plays aggressively too.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Admittedly I forgot about Todd Astle. He made a quick progression into the Canterbury side, but I have noticed he hasn't been playing in the last 2 or 3 months.
I don't think he plays much limited-overs stuff, not with Papps and Stewart opening the batting.

Any of the Aucklanders know much about David Houpapa? Not sure what kinda age he is, but gee, he showed plenty of ball-striking ability the other day in that Twenty20 match - a lot of it straight down the ground too.
I saw that game on TV and I was impressed, he hit a couple of cover drives for 6, almost inside-out aswell. Looks a talent, mind you anyone that scores a half century for Auckland is.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
U19 third test. NZ well in control after Day One:
Tim Southee again in a destroying mood too.

India: 124 all out. Rahane 56, Srivastava 22, Mahesh 15, Southee 4/48, Bartlett 3/33, Morgan 3/23 (look out for those 3 quicks, Bartlett particularly fast)
Morgan's 3 wickets was also a hat-trick.

NZ: 116/2 Raval 51*, de Boorder 35*

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If you go to www.photosport.co.nz and search under India you will see photos of both NZ and India U19 players. the size difference between the NZ players and the Indian side is remarkable lol. the Indian side look like an U12 side!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I just noticed that Tim Southee played a 20/20 match for N.D on January 13th this year. So that pretty much shows N.D are keen for him to step up to their First Class side.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Day 2: NZ 300 all out. de Boorder 109, Raval 70. Chawla 4/47, Sharma 3/72
India 76/0 in their 2nd innings. still 100 runs behind.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
If you go to www.photosport.co.nz and search under India you will see photos of both NZ and India U19 players. the size difference between the NZ players and the Indian side is remarkable lol. the Indian side look like an U12 side!

Ishant Sharma looks like a giant amongst them...he's six 4 I believe....:laugh:

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kane Williamson was in the news about 2 years ago when he hit 4 consecutive hundreds in an u17 tournament at the age of 13. If I recall correctly he had been given a bat used by Graham Thorpe.

From what i've heard he's a special talent. But he's only 16 so there's no point hyping him up too much yet.
Kane has a sponsorship with Puma now I believe

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I imagine the pitch has flattened out at Lincoln and dare I say the Indian batsmen got a kick up the backside after a couple of substandard innings.

No doubt they declared after Day 3 so it'll be interesting to see how NZ fared with the bat on the final day.