• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Fulton

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I have heard a few people in this forum talk about Peter Fulton(The New Zealand(canterbury)player). In the paper yesterday I saw that he can't get a canterbury contract let alone a New Zealand one. I find this unbeleiveable as I rate him very highly and I am sure many other people in this forum DO. Some even said he should be in the Black Caps

[Edited on 15/11/2002 by Tamara]

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats extremely disappointing for Peter, because when I saw him play he looked like he was meant to hold a bat from the moment he was born.

I see that he is playing for the Canterbury trail team on Sunday & Monday & I also heard Michael Sharpe at Cricinfo (Canterbury coach) say he was expecting big things from Michael Papps, Wade Cornelius, Shanan Stewart & Peter Fulton. So maybe that article is a little incorrect because if the coach rates him then he should be in the squad.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Heres what it says.
Canterbury Contracts(minus Black Caps)

$22,000, 1-3 (potential $37,500)
Gary Stead, Michael Papps, Chris Martin

$14,000, 4-7(potential $29,500)
Wade Cornelius, Shanan Stewart, Gareth Hopkins, Paul Wiseman.

$8,000, 8-11(potential $23,500)
Carl Anderson, Robbie Frew, Warren Wisneski, Aaron Redmond.

Very close, but no contract yet.
Stephen Cunis, Ryan Burson, Peter Fulton

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest, i'd rate Stephen Cunis & Peter Fulton higher than Gareth Hopkins & Robbie Frew.

But if thats the case then obviously he's not really rated that highly in Canterbury circles. Hopefully he gets a good score in the trial matches this weekend.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I don't know y Gareth Hopkins is in the team. Michael Papps is a wicketkeeper and a good player so I think Gareth should be dropped for another batsman.