• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Justin Langer

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
His form seems to have dropped off a bit, With Martin Love seeing them like Beach Balls do u think there is a chance he could be dropped if his form don't improve throughout the series????

Eclipse

International Debutant
No.

Hes not in bad form just hasent been converting his 20s and 30s he seems to be striking it well enough.

Any way Love is not an oppener so i dont think hes going to take langers place but he might have a chance if taking Waughs place come the end of the series.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely not. Lang has just hit a patch where he's not converting. He's far from being woefully out of form and will probably come good pretty soon. Besides, I think the guy who should have a big say in it should be Matt Hayden. If he says he'd prefer to have Lnag batting with him over anyone else, then that should be the end of it, barring a complete desertion of from from Lang.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Originally posted by Eclipse
No.

Hes not in bad form just hasent been converting his 20s and 30s he seems to be striking it well enough.

Any way Love is not an oppener so i dont think hes going to take langers place but he might have a chance if taking Waughs place come the end of the series.
Langer was never an opener before he was called up in England a few years back. But i doubt Langer would be dropped he isnt in that bad of form.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not saying he should be dropped now...
But his form isn't as good as it was, and if it doesn't improve throughout the rest of the series then there would have to be a question...
As for Love he has opened before and would have no real trouble with it...

Eclipse

International Debutant
I would still rather Langer keept his place for quite some time.

Any way if a middle order play does get droped I want to see Clark in there because hes so young.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
langer has thesee bad patches, if he gets the chance he will pull through - though i would like to see him replaced with either love or hussey - keeping in mind that Love is in top form BUT Hussey has scored nearly 4000 runs in 2 seasons of county cricket

anzac

International Debutant
IMO Langer will keep his place so long as his current 'form' continues -

he is still hitting the ball well but just not getting a big score - he still shows a lot of confidence when at the crease and does not look 'out of form' as either Mark or Steve has over the same time frame...

further to this Hayden has said b4 that he enjoys batting with him so his place is virtually assured unless he goes way off the rails ....... or Hayden does!!!!!!!!

8D