• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 21- 28 Jan.

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Did not receive the milestones this week, so we will double up next week

Thanks to Pasag who is filling in for Alternative.

A very good week of debating on most threads this week, which was good to see. We are also introducing a new award this week for the best prediction. For obvious reasons this award may not be awarded to a prediction made in the same week as the awards (have I just won the Inzi for next week?):wub:

Still looking for another member to join the team

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Position Vacant (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Nightprowler10 (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey, Sobers or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Warne or Bradman awards this week, please let nightprowler10 know, you can contact him at usmangreat@hotmail.com

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad for this click here No wonder he is beating me in the battle of the CC posters :(

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Langeveldt for this click here , created some good discussion (I picked the winner this week)

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: silentstriker click here there is a good comeback here somewhere :D

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Fiery , has been around awhile, but seems much more active of late

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: GeraintIsMyHero for this click here at least wait until he gets there :p

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: silentstriker for this click here I am not sure if this is vague, wrong or if fact right but completely meaningless. So it must be an Inzi :laugh:

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Mr Mxyzptlk , very impressive week of posting, has made some very impressive points

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: pup11 for this click here Txt speak: r u ok 2 e-joy tis? :blink:

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
pup11 Two awards this week, (still I want to correct most of his spelling) well done

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Too many to mention for this click here many members involved in the debate, really enjoyable stuff :cool:

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: LA ICE-E for this click here He slowly builds up to his rant, a controlled ‘Saj’ if you will

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: Slow Love for this click here The only one who was not writing them off at the time, good call

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad for this click here
Grr... you clearly did not read my response otherwise I would patently be the recipient of this award. :dry:

adharcric

International Coach
Grr... you clearly did not read my response otherwise I would patently be the recipient of this award. :dry:
Actually, I did read your response and I read the response to your response as well. Both of you made some interesting points and I spent some time reading them over.
In the end, the two of you were the top contenders but I felt my selection was the more balanced post. Perhaps next week ... shouldn't be too difficult considering your activity. :)

Last edited:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Bemused by a couple of calls there. Faaip has made a few far superior posts this week, IMO.

Also can't understand pup11's Hussey award. His posts are mostly incomprehensible and relentlessly plugging the same one or two points. Must be a slow week for newcomers :blink:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pah... know who I won't be selecting when it comes to me choosing awards...

(Yeah, yeah, I know, playground logic and all...)

archie mac

International Coach
Bemused by a couple of calls there. Faaip has made a few far superior posts this week, IMO.

Also can't understand pup11's Hussey award. His posts are mostly incomprehensible and relentlessly plugging the same one or two points. Must be a slow week for newcomers :blink:
There is always a place on the awards team mate :)

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
There is always a place on the awards team mate :)
Haha, cheers. I'm not on here often enough to be able to make the right calls. It just happens that I've seen enough of Faaip and pup11 this week to be a bit mystified.

Richard: we may not get along, but there's nothing wrong with your posting style, or your knowledge of the game :)

adharcric

International Coach

That's why we ask for nominations. I got home at 3 am yesterday and tried to scan through all the major threads and make a pick for the Afridi rather than leave it empty.
As for the Hussey, we have been rather generous of late but there haven't been too many quality newcomers in recent times. The Hussey is not one of the major awards ...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member

Haha yeah, I didn't that post was all that great either, and if pup11 is a great addition to the forum then I clearly have no idea what's going on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As for the Hussey, we have been rather generous of late but there haven't been too many quality newcomers in recent times. The Hussey is not one of the major awards ...
If there's no worthy winner, you can always call it a no award week.

I didn't actually nominate an Inzy this week for that reason...

adharcric

International Coach
I was under the impression that giving out a "no award" would make the awards boring. From now on, I will only hand it out to deserving winners.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Better a no award than an award that makes you scratch your head more than most Inzy award winners!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If there's no worthy winner, you can always call it a no award week.

I didn't actually nominate an Inzy this week for that reason...
I was under the impression that giving out a "no award" would make the awards boring. From now on, I will only hand it out to deserving winners.
Better a no award than an award that makes you scratch your head more than most Inzy award winners!
Amen.

An award (an MBE to Paul Collingwood and Geraint Jones, for example) is hollow unless deserved, otherwise no award is better.

Even if those awards are regular-continuous... in fact, even more so, there'll soon be another.