• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 21- 28 Jan.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People deserve MBEs for scoring centuries in drawn games?

And being caught off no-balls and getting dropped?
Right. Of course. Because those centuries certainly did not contribute to the games being drawn. It's not like the games were close at any stage.

And regarding Trescothick, I'd suggest bias that you'd state that he didn't play an integral role in England winning the Ashes. It's not his fault they dropped catches and bowled noballs. He cast it out of his mind and played superbly otherwise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He didn't play superbly. Yes, I do tend to be biased against runs scored only after let-offs, you might just be aware of that.

I'd deserve a MBE if people dropped a ****load of catches off my batting, would I? They weren't my fault, after all.

FCOL, why do so many people say that? What does the fact that it's not a batsman's fault catches are dropped off him have to do with anything?

adharcric

International Coach
16 tins of Spam said:
Also can't understand pup11's Hussey award. His posts are mostly incomprehensible and relentlessly plugging the same one or two points. Must be a slow week for newcomers :blink:
Haha yeah, I didn't that post was all that great either, and if pup11 is a great addition to the forum then I clearly have no idea what's going on.
Having read more of his posts, I really feel like an idiot now. My bad.