• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Sachin Tendulkar retire from International Cricket?

Should Sachin Tendulkar retire from International Cricket?

• YES

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • NO

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters

Cruxdude

International Debutant
If I could be serious a moment, when he eventually does go, how will it effect Indian cricket? Will there be a drop of in interest for the game?
I don't think there will be any drop in interest but the whole world will be treated to months of Sachin > all ye mortals.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think there will be any drop in interest but the whole world will be treated to months of Sachin > all ye mortals.
Yep, can't see the millions in India suddenly finding they've lost interest in cricket, especially when their team is doing pretty well ATM.

Bun

Banned
Unfortunately India without Sachin looks very vulnerable, but fortunately he looks like playing till they unearth another of his kind.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope the little bugger retires before they tour here again!
Dream on. :)
He's almost definitely touring australia. There's no decent home series this year for him to retire in.
Allan donald asked him the other day about retirement and he said he'd continue until teh hunger to score goes away LOL

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
If I could be serious a moment, when he eventually does go, how will it effect Indian cricket? Will there be a drop of in interest for the game?
A portion of the kallisball watchers who generally religiously watch ODI kallisball and follow Test kallisball with only a scorecard level interest may wane away. The people who follow test kallisball will watch irrespective of whether Sachin is playing or not and that is true to a majority of the OD-only audience as well.

smash84

The Tiger King
A portion of the kallisball watchers who generally religiously watch ODI kallisball and follow Test kallisball with only a scorecard level interest may wane away. The people who follow test kallisball will watch irrespective of whether Sachin is playing or not and that is true to a majority of the OD-only audience as well.
True. The interest level will drop for a few months maybe. There will be lots of nostalgia but things will move on.