• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Sachin Tendulkar retire from International Cricket?

Should Sachin Tendulkar retire from International Cricket?

• YES

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • NO

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Will be filthy if he tours here again after everyone turned out to wave him off last time. More Australian farewell tours than John Farnham FFS.
Haha, Sachin was very confused by the farewell ovations tbf.

And you know you want him to tour here so we can go see the Sydney test together, and I'll clap in your face when Sachin scores his 60th test ton :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No he shouldn't, ftr.
18 days later, I still stand by this. :ph34r:

Sachin finishes with a batting average of 46.44 in South Africa, facing either a Donald, Pollock or Steyn in every test he played.

WAFG!

shankar

International Debutant

Sachin finishes with a batting average of 46.44 in South Africa, facing either a Donald, Pollock or Steyn in every test he played.

WAFG!
Vs. the No. 1 bowler in the world with the best strike-rate ever - 4 centuries in the last 5 matches. And as an added bonus - a double century in ODIs. Not too bad.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He really should.. He is obviously too good for the game.. :dry:

Seriously think, the most amazing thing about the guy is how he is able to re-invent himself based on the needs and strengths of the team at that time.. He is the Rajinikanth of Kallisball.. :ph34r:

Hit Wicket

School Boy/Girl Captain

WAFG!
Wouldn't count on that. :cool:

Last time he toured England and Australia, crowds and commentators were treating it as the last visit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

WAFG!
Nah the gun **** will be play forever. At least another three tours of South Africa to go.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
If I could be serious a moment, when he eventually does go, how will it effect Indian cricket? Will there be a drop of in interest for the game?

smash84

The Tiger King
I think he should hang up his boots now. Has reached almost all the milestones imaginable. He should leave at the peak of his game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think he should hang up his boots now. Has reached almost all the milestones imaginable. He should leave at the peak of his game.
Touring the world playing cricket has to be a better lifestyle than being stalked around Mumbai permanently once he's retired.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Given that he will never, ever be dropped, and that he seems able to adapt to an ageing technique so well, I seriously won't be surprised if he plays for another three years. Could easily see us digging up this thread again and having a laugh.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
He really should.. He is obviously too good for the game.. :dry:

Seriously think, the most amazing thing about the guy is how he is able to re-invent himself based on the needs and strengths of the team at that time.. He is the Rajinikanth of Kallisball.. :ph34r:
:laugh:

I propose that all mention of Sachin in scorecards be replaced with Rajnikanth.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Touring the world playing cricket has to be a better lifestyle than being stalked around Mumbai permanently once he's retired.
Haha fair call. :laugh:

Reckon should India win the WC he'll probably hang up the boots there, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went on another couple of years. Having said that, we said the same thing about Lara.....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You'd think that this World Cup would be it in terms of ODI cricket, given that he's barely played ODIs this year - IIRC he hasn't played an ODI since his double ton.

No reason for him to give up the ghost in Tests when he's playing as well as he is.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd think that this World Cup would be it in terms of ODI cricket, given that he's barely played ODIs this year - IIRC he hasn't played an ODI since his double ton.

No reason for him to give up the ghost in Tests when he's playing as well as he is.
India need him for all the away tours this year!!