• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A vs England

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting start so far with Elliott retiring hurt early and an early wicket. The pitch looks pretty damn green and the movement and bounce the bowlers are getting is quite pronounced. Not real quick, though.

One thing I'm really surprised with is Tudor's pace. He must've dropped quite a few yards in pace because he doesn't look anywhere near as quick as he did on his last tour here!

Top_Cat

Geez, Marty Love is striking them pretty well. At lunch, he's 76* with 12 boundaries!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to Marty Love on yet another 100 against England...
I think they are sick of him already...
How would Jimmy Maher feel all these QLD openers are plundering the poms but he missed out...

Also Michael Clarke has started very very confidently Pulling Tudor and White to the boundary, Hope he keeps it goin...
:D:D:D:D:D

Eclipse

International Debutant
M.North Looks to have a really good deffence and he just played an amazing lofted cover drive.

Cant wait to see Haddin hopefully he can hit a few sixes.

DirtySocks

Cricket Spectator
Man, England can't even compete with the A team, then who are they gonna compete with the Australian national team??

I guess Jones is being badly missed, are the Australian A batter really that good or are the Poms bowling that poorly?

Bazza

International 12th Man
If I never see that Love again I won't be sad! On the Tudor thing, he has lost pace no doubt, surely due to all the injuries he's had. I still think he should play in the second test though ahead of Silverwood.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We're, um, understrength, and, um, we, er, can't bowl for toffee...

Now let's bat for two days, and hope Love gets nowhere near the Test XI.

And which part of "When you win the toss, you bat" is difficult to understand?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The cream of England are on the treatment table.

The semi-skimmed are being rested.

This is the skimmed attack.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well said!! The bowling is in a sad state and possibly the batting too......unless they can do what even South Africa could not do and overcome the mental block of Oz!!

It's all about intimidation!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow...England have turned Flintoff into a player which fits the discription: Can't Bat, Can't Bowl. England should drop him from the tour, he's not fit and also England had to carry him most of the summer when he didn't take enough wickets or make any runs really to speak of. ODI player yes, Test Player...I'm really starting to doubt it.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Now its the turn of a second string Aussie side at according the fair dinkum Aussie hospitality to the English.

How England is going to bounce back in this series is beyond my comprehension.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
More humiliation............i think this is the time when english fans dread the most. Poor shoe against the Aussie A side. But still I dont think all i lost (most of the confidence must be) but if the English can pull their socks, their batting line up could still challenge the Aussies. The bowling is hopeless.

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
england are getting the kicks from Australia A. They should really concentrate otherwise india will trash the english team in the world cup matches8D

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
england are getting the kicks from Australia A. They should really concentrate otherwise india will trash the english team in the world cup matches8D
Yes, how could they be such ignorants ?

Forget Australia prepare for the Indians, trash the ashes, who cares ? :rolleyes: