• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A vs England

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Go_India
england are getting the kicks from Australia A. They should really concentrate otherwise india will trash the english team in the world cup matches8D
I'm wondering why, apart from the Aussies which is understandable, the only people bashing England seem to be Indian. And I don't understand why...so they've won 2 matches against the WIndies who have a weak bowling attack...but the WIndies batting line-up minus Lara is not really rated that much either. Instead of bashing England I think the Indian's ought to worry about their own problems such as their bowlers...I mean Nehra...5 overs for 53 runs, Srinath...9 overs for 71 runs and 1 wicket, Harbajan 10 overs for 30 and 1 wicket, Kartik 10 overs for 46, Ganguly 1 over for 9, Sehwag 8 overs for 49 with 1 wicket, Yuvraj 6 overs for 48 and Bangar 1 over for 13...you really can't condone that, I mean only one bowler kept things tight and that was Harbajan and even he wasn't as effective as he used to be. Fair enough it was a brilliant batting effort but until the bowling gets sorted then I'm not so sure India would beat England, I mean even in the Natwest Final India's bowling attack was destroyed by Trescothick and strangely even Hussain... :rolleyes:

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
well tell you what rik, i think ganguly and other batsman also destroyed the bowlers of england and in your home pitch.i think they should stop playing with australia and play with kenya and bangladesh instead.i think these teams really suit england :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
well tell you what rik, i think ganguly and other batsman also destroyed the bowlers of england and in your home pitch.i think they should stop playing with australia and play with kenya and bangladesh instead.i think these teams really suit england :lol:
I don't know what your so ****y about...India are still drawing 2-2 with the WIndies. Now a few years ago England played the WIndies in a Natwest Series with Zimbabwe and England won the final...The WIndies I don't think managed to win a match...and they had Lara in the team.:frog:

[Edited on 16/11/2002 by Rik]

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
well Rik,stop talking about the past.i simply think theres no future for the english team.And rik i think you should start supporting some other team now.:lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
well Rik,stop talking about the past.i simply think theres no future for the english team.And rik i think you should start supporting some other team now.:lol:
I think you should keep your opinions to yourself. There is a very big future for the English team, your forgetting the fact that Australia happen to have the strongest group of players for a long time, but out of their younger players there are not so many that you can pick out and say that they will take the place of someone like Warne or Steve Waugh. In fact, if India keep bowling like this I can't see a future for many of their careers. England are getting stick because they are playing the Aussies now. The stick will go away once England play Zimbabwe in the new year or maybe even during the World Cup.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
well you're forgetting rik that india beat australia last year.:P
And your forgetting that Australia will beat India whenever they play them. If South Africa, the 2nd best team in the world, can't beat Australia...then how can you be so sure India won't be beaten? I'm sure Australia are quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing Khan, and I'm sure Sehwag's impatience will mean a run of low scores.

Also didn't you just tell me to stop living in the past? I think you'll find India's victory was in the past...

[Edited on 16/11/2002 by Rik]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
well Rik,stop talking about the past.
Yet you're allowed to?
He told me not to talk about it then talked about India vs Australia...which, if you remember, is in the past.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I simply think theres no future for the english team.
And I think that if you two don't stop having pointless arguments that aren't going to go anywhere, then all these threads will be closed and there will be no future on the forum for you...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
I simply think theres no future for the english team.
And I think that if you two don't stop having pointless arguments that aren't going to go anywhere, then all these threads will be closed and there will be no future on the forum for you...
I feel like I have the weight of India on my shoulders :lol:

WeptWindies

Cricket Spectator
Talking about Bangladesh and Kenya, Bangladesh's highest score in Test cricket is against INDIA!!
As for Kenya, they have beaten India not once but twice in onedayers!! Surely these two teams will prefer facing India rather than England!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by WeptWindies
Talking about Bangladesh and Kenya, Bangladesh's highest score in Test cricket is against INDIA!!
As for Kenya, they have beaten India not once but twice in onedayers!! Surely these two teams will prefer facing India rather than England!
Well you can try to get him to understand...good luck to ya!

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Why is every thread in here getting into a flamefest between Rik and a few others ? Can't you people let others have a civilized discussion on the topic that is at hand ?

I want the site admins to ban all these dimwit vermins from this site instead of locking down one topic after another.

I apologize for getting a little frustrated here.... but this is turning out to be exactly like the sports.com site where there was nothing except flamefests.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by aussie_beater
Why is every thread in here getting into a flamefest between Rik and a few others ? Can't you people let others have a civilized discussion on the topic that is at hand ?

I want the site admins to ban all these dimwit vermins from this site instead of locking down one topic after another.

I apologize for getting a little frustrated here.... but this is turning out to be exactly like the sports.com site where there was nothing except flamefests.
Well it seems all I have to do is say something and I've got half of India telling me I haven't got a clue...

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by aussie_beater

Well it seems all I have to do is say something and I've got half of India telling me I haven't got a clue...
No its not like that.... you can't clap with one hand...

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
I think Sports.com was a good site.

Anyway, i'm not going to enter into heated discussions with anyone, its of no use and it disturbs everyone!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by warrioryohannan

I think Sports.com was a good site.

Anyway, i'm not going to enter into heated discussions with anyone, its of no use and it disturbs everyone!
I think that discussing Sports.com has no relevance in Cricket Chat.

A_B - As shown in numerous other threads, we're very, very close to breaking point and there will be a rash of closures and bans soon unless people start proper discussions (note - this does not mean state and restate the same point with bad jokes) instead of irrelevant comments.

Choora

State Regular
You just don't stop supporting your team just because they happen 2 be down , otherwise what kind of fan are you??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Choora
You just don't stop supporting your team just because they happen 2 be down , otherwise what kind of fan are you??
THANK YOU!!! :lol: