• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers Songs

cristal

Cricket Spectator
Hey does anyone know what the cricketers' theme songs are for the CB series?
I know Johnson's is Firestarter by Prodigy. Any clue about the others?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Paul Collingwood's is Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out, I think. Pretty sure someone in the England team has Put Your Hands Up For Detroit as theirs, which is just unspeakably dire. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sometimes it's mere teams': England have used that Lose Yourself crap from Eminem since Vaughan's ODI captaincy started - Sri Lanka and Bangladesh both used The Boys Are Back In Town in 2006 and 2005 respectively.

Will think of a few more, probably.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sometimes it's mere teams': England have used that Lose Yourself crap from Eminem since Vaughan's ODI captaincy started - Sri Lanka and Bangladesh both used The Boys Are Back In Town in 2006 and 2005 respectively.

Will think of a few more, probably.
I believe the Rugby team played that before every match of the 03 WC

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not in the Strictest Sense Of The World but Jack Russell had the brilliant LOHAG conferred on him in West Indies in both 1990 and 1994 by "Chickie" the Antiguan DJ for his heroic repulsion of the bombardments he faced in early tour-games on both trips.

Last edited:

cristal

Cricket Spectator
Not in the Strictest Sense Of The World but Jack Russell had the brilliant LOHAG conferred on him in West Indies in both 1990 and 1994 by "Chickie" the Barbadian(?) DJ for his heroic repulsion of the bombardments he faced in early tour-games on both trips.
Chickie's from Antigua.

Anyway, usually the teams that participate in the VB/CB series have songs for each player when he comes out to bat or when a fresh bowling spell begins. Sort of like an introductory song. For example, every year M.J. Clarke chooses It's my life- Bon Jovi.
Last year Lee had I believe in a thing called love- The Darkness and in 2005, his song was Seven Nation Army- The White Stripes. Last year Bracken had Pump It- Black Eyed Peas. Afridi had a Bhangra song back in '05.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The exact same thing has happened for a good while in the NatWest Series in England, too, as I mentioned. And IIRR in South Africa, too.

There is usually a "six" song in Australia, too. First time I remember that was 2000\01, when it was Absolutely Everybody by Vanessa Amorosi. I remember noting what it was next year, too, but can't remember now...

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And I refute the claim that it's crap.
I refute any claim that it isn't.

Shame on me, mind, I usually make a point of not claiming any music is crap, because the truth of the matter is you can say anything's crap in some way or another.

When most people mean by "crap" "I don't like it".

cristal

Cricket Spectator
The exact same thing has happened for a good while in the NatWest Series in England, too, as I mentioned. And IIRR in South Africa, too.

There is usually a "six" song in Australia, too. First time I remember that was 2000\01, when it was Absolutely Everybody by Vanessa Amorosi. I remember noting what it was next year, too, but can't remember now...
No, I don't recall the players having individual songs for the NatWest Series or in South Africa.
I do know that there is a "four" song in Aus, but only a few of the DJs do this, such as in game seven at Adelaide.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are certainly individual songs used in England (Marcus Trescothick has one, I can't remember what his song is; Andrew Flintoff has two, Ring Of Fire and Rocket Man; I'm certain KP has one but again I can't remember what it is). Not quite so sure in South Africa, but I do seem to recall some patterns in our ODIs there in 2004\05.

Never thought I'd meet someone else like me who took note of such things. :laugh:

cristal

Cricket Spectator
There are certainly individual songs used in England (Marcus Trescothick has one, I can't remember what his song is; Andrew Flintoff has two, Ring Of Fire and Rocket Man; I'm certain KP has one but again I can't remember what it is). Not quite so sure in South Africa, but I do seem to recall some patterns in our ODIs there in 2004\05.

Never thought I'd meet someone else like me who took note of such things. :laugh:
I know that those songs are two of Flintoff's favourites, but the English don't play individual songs for the players at home when they're coming in to bat or starting a new bowling spell.:laugh: It started as a 'sponsor thing' in Australia.

I think either Loye or Strauss has a song by The Killers.

When Lee's coming on to bowl, there's a lot of guitar, but I can't quite recognise what song it is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Something by Six And Out?

I'm absolutely certain specific players have had specific songs for at least 2 seasons at home now. Not everyone, but some people. As I say, Trescothick and Pietersen certainly have something each, but I can't think what it is.