• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket DVDs

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Did anyone buy the yearly 'England's Summer of Cricket' packages? They were superb; three or four discs of highlights of the summer cricket. I think there was one for 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012 - 2005 and 2009 were covered by Ashes packages. Now all we get is the home Ashes channel five highlights plonked across two discs. We did get the Australian coverage of 2010-11, extensive highlights across multiple discs, but that was simply because we won. I didn't see similar sets sold in the UK for 2006-07 and 2013-14 haha.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In the 70’s the BBC used to do a half hour summer of cricket highlights. They crammed in 5 or 6 Tests, two ODI series, two limited overs knockout competitions and the Sunday League. Just as well the BBC didn’t show County Cricket. It would be interesting to see them again but I’m not sure they even still exist in the archive never mind likely to be released on DVD.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Here in Australia we are very poorly treated by cricket DVDs. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a solitary DVD released last summer; hopefully because of the Ashes there's one or two released this summer.

docajits

Cricket Spectator
Did anyone buy the yearly 'England's Summer of Cricket' packages? They were superb; three or four discs of highlights of the summer cricket. I think there was one for 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012 - 2005 and 2009 were covered by Ashes packages. Now all we get is the home Ashes channel five highlights plonked across two discs. We did get the Australian coverage of 2010-11, extensive highlights across multiple discs, but that was simply because we won. I didn't see similar sets sold in the UK for 2006-07 and 2013-14 haha.
i may have something you are looking for sir.....but it is for barter or matches swapping....... if you are for it

leejones

Cricket Spectator
Hi I'm very interested in swapping some English county cricket matches if anyone is interested. I have a collection of both international and county matches to swap but I'm only interested in COUNTY cricket matches myself. If anyone has any then please contact me leejones200000@gmail.com. Would love to hear from you.

Gazza1976

Cricket Spectator
Hi there. I have a pretty good range of matches and if anyone is interested in swapping some? I mainly collect domestic matches from England and Australia.
My email is gazza1976@yahoo.com
Anyone interested get in touch!