• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket DVDs

pasag

RTDAS
Picked up Benaud's Greatest XI today. Value for money as well (borrowed it from the library). Anyways, it's good stuff.

pasag

RTDAS
Got 'The Cricket Archives - Australian Cricket Films 1905 - 1961' for 20 bucks at the ABC store. Am very excited about this itbt.

pasag

RTDAS
Can't remember a whole lot, that was 6 months ago. Still, I remember finding it enjoyable to listen to Ritchie talk about the greats of the game.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Picked up this box set:

It has 4 recent ABC documentaries on Australian cricket in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Really good stuff but the awesome thing is the special features which contain highlights from every day of the 58/59 Ashes, 62/63 Ashes and the Centenary Test.
These are also available separately and I bought the 70's one which is superb and as mentioned has extended highlights of the Centenary Test. What a lot of people don't know though is if you buy the VHS version of the 70's set you get six hours of highlights of the 1974/75 Ashes series instead of the Centenary Test. Although it's VHS it seems to be by far the best available footage of that series.

Natman20

International Debutant
The only one I own is - The battle for the tasman - 25 years of AUS vs. NZ in ODI cricket. All I can say is that it has 6 matches on it and the underarm incident :) Cant say its great although it does show some interesting matches from the beige years. Unfortunately it needs a couple more matches on it and more modern games and some more NZ victories. Obviously made in Aus means there is a bit of Aus dominance in it which is a reflection of the times but yeah.

There does not seem to be much of a cricket selection in NZ. The other choice I had was chappell-hadlee highlights 2006 but we all know that was a farce it was a whitewash because it was Aus B team. The other options is legends of cricket which I was very tempted to get but was $99.99 and a bit too pricy for mine.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There are some great DVDs available in Australia right now. I would really like to purchase the following:

Calypso Summer
529 minutes of coverage from the 1960-61 series!
Ashes Glory (2006-07 Ashes series)
Cricket Archives
Gilchrist - Best of the Best
The Australian Cricket collection which Pasag mentioned earlier

There is other stuff too like -

Bradman, Bodyline, Bradman audio book

Any idea how I might be able to get the stuff delivered to India? Also, if any Aussie or Indian origin Aussies living in Australia happen to come to India in the future, I would highly appreciate if you could buy the cricket DVDs for me (which I would pay for of course).

Any other online shops to buy DVDs from?

BTW DVDs I purchased recently:

- Australia v South Africa 434 game - it is a 3 disk set. First Disk has highlights of the entire ODI series including T20. Disk 2 and 3 contain ball by ball of the entire game! Great DVD.

- India in Pakistan 2004 - ODI and Test series - Great series both, particularly the test series - a must for Indian fans.

- Brian Lara 400 DVD - Fair compilation from the Sky team.

- World Cup 1999 - okay. Want more indepth coverages than what was done in the DVD but then I do not expect too much from world cup review DVDs. One of the best world cups for sure.

Last edited:

PhilB133

Cricket Spectator
I am looking for anyone that taped the 1978/79 Australia v England highlights broadcast in Australia last Xmas........Highlights from ALL tests were shown!!
If there is a Tom Moody (NOT the ex-Test player) viewing this, i'd love it if he could contact me as I've bought stuff from him previously

Phil

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I am looking for anyone that taped the 1978/79 Australia v England highlights broadcast in Australia last Xmas........Highlights from ALL tests were shown!!
If there is a Tom Moody (NOT the ex-Test player) viewing this, i'd love it if he could contact me as I've bought stuff from him previously

Phil
I think you'll be very unlucky. I can't see any Australians recording a 5-1 defeat of their Third XI for prosperity. I'm amazed it was broadcast in Australia.

neville cardus

International Debutant
- Australia v South Africa 434 game - it is a 3 disk set. First Disk has highlights of the entire ODI series including T20. Disk 2 and 3 contain ball by ball of the entire game! Great DVD.
I loved the highlights of the 438 match on the opening disc, with the players talking us through it and balling their eyes out with us. Truly a day I shall never forget.

- World Cup 1999 - okay. Want more indepth coverages than what was done in the DVD but then I do not expect too much from world cup review DVDs. One of the best world cups for sure.
Being a South African, I don't see myself ever forking out the funds for that one. Another tearful day that I shall never forget.

Last edited:

js1981

Cricket Spectator
richard, i've only just registered with this forum and noticed this.
do you have a list of the matches? would be interested to see what you completely have.

kingkallis

International Coach
CWers,

I am looking to build my cricket DVD collection. Can someone suggest me some classics? ( Thanks to Rob Moody for giving us nearly everything on his YT channel though )

I have the following in my mind:

Legends of Cricket ( Amazon - UK )
Ashes 2005 ( Amazon - UK )
Lara's 400 ( Amazon - UK )
History of Cricket ( Amazon - UK ) Is this worth it?
Legends from All countries - total 6 different ones ( Sky - UK )
Nasser Hussain - The real story ( Sky - UK )
ESPN's Legends of Cricket ( eBay )

I am also looking for:

Bradman centenary collection
Benaud to Border
Cricket in the 70s
Pecker's World Series

Please add some more names. I have families in UK so I can easily get it from UK or India.

Thank you

del71music

Cricket Spectator
You could be in luck?

The interesting thing was Hussain said he was never worried so long as they were playing big shots.

And let's face it - had they won the thing, no-one in England could have been blamed. I've said it several times, but I've never, ever seen the ball hit like Astle did that day. Never seen anyone come close, in fact.

Man, what I'd give for that innings on DVD... that match, in fact (highlights, obviously).

Hello Richard, only just come across this. I have about 1hr highlights of this whole match on dvd, plus extended highlights of the Thorpe/Flintoff partnership, albeit only up to Freddie being on 129* ie tea interval that day? Would you be interested in it? Or other matches? my email is delmeisterlegendxxx7@gmail.com.

cheers

DEL

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CWers,

I am looking to build my cricket DVD collection. Can someone suggest me some classics? ( Thanks to Rob Moody for giving us nearly everything on his YT channel though )

I am also looking for:

Benaud to Border
Cricket in the 70s
Pecker's World Series

Please add some more names. I have families in UK so I can easily get it from UK or India.

Thank you
Itstl

docajits

Cricket Spectator
sir are you into swapping of cricket matches ? me email id is - docajits@gmail.com
I have the India-Australia late 90s series and the 2001 series; India in Australia Adelaide test and Ashes 2005. I am nto a huge fan of cricket DVDs because we always get cricket highlights on television from one match or the other from the past and essentially match DVDs contain most of that more often than not.

I don't mind buying historical DVDs and stuff where greats give opinions while it contains great rare footages from matches as well or well made DVDs of tests matches/series. I recommend ESPN's legends of cricket DVD. I have seen a few shows via youtube of some of the legends and they are well pieced up. I think Jono has that one (Jono also has a good assortment of DVDs and he will be able to give some good recommendations I reckon). The India-Pakistan 98 series was excellent and Jono linked to a site where it can be bought and I recommend you to buy that if you can as well.

I do think that there has been a lack of quality DVDs where cricket is concerned over all and there is great room for exploitation in this field. Hopefully we will see a bit of improvement in some years.

Last edited:

docajits

Cricket Spectator
sir are you into swapping of cricket matches ? me email id is - docajits@gmail.com
The missus just rang me, and, out of the goodness of her heart said she would pay for the DVD I was going to pay for when my wages come in tomorrow. So I shall shortly receive "Freddie's Heroes - England's victory in Mumbai" from cricshop, and, because I'm so great, she's also throwing in "English Summer of Cricket 2006." Yes, as an England fan, there were some dire moments, but I can't wait to see the OT test, day 5 at Headingley, KP's 142 V Murali etc. I eagerly await the delivery of these two DVDs.

What Cricket DVDs do y'all own? My collection is not great, tbh I haven't been buying DVDs for long. All I have IIRC are the following:

Botham's Ashes - The Miracle of Headingley 81
The Greatest Test - England's Victory at Edgbaston
The Greatest Series - Ashes 05
Cape Crusaders - South Africa 1 England 2 (with bonus disc of ODI series, which is dire except for KP's tons)

Er, I reckon that's it. Loadsa stuff I need to get, including my desperate desire for India V Australia 01. So, what are the best DVDs out there, not just as an England fan, but as a Cricket fan, and do you lot bother with them much?

Last edited:

docajits

Cricket Spectator
CWers,

I am also looking for:

Benaud to Border
Cricket in the 70s
Pecker's World Series

Thank you

ncr7

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone have any info of DVD/VCD or any sort of download links of Australia vs India Test Series 1977/78
England's Summer Of Cricket 2007