• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket DVDs

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's some fascinating stuff there. The 1972 England/Aus onedayers probably weren't the best, but it was the first oneday series played anywhere, IIRC, and it would be fascinating to see how they went about it.
Indeed...

What a site...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed...

What a site...
It is, of course, added to my favourites. Until this week, time of life - new house, bigger mortgage, and my wife not working after having 2nd child - meant these purchases weren't really an option. Now Mrs WP is back at work for a day & a half a week, how do I tell her that her first month's pay cheque will be going on a stack of cricket dvds?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Haha David. You should seriously consider shifting to India. We get cricket highlights almost all times of the day on some sport channel. Just yesterday, there was an England-India test from the 70s being shown on one channel, an old India-Pakistan match from Sharjah on another, a Laxman inning on a third one and world cup highlights on a 4th.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Haha David. You should seriously consider shifting to India. We get cricket highlights almost all times of the day on some sport channel. Just yesterday, there was an England-India test from the 70s being shown on one channel, an old India-Pakistan match from Sharjah on another, a Laxman inning on a third one and world cup highlights on a 4th.
My kind of country. :)
As long as they don't go showing ballbyball coverage of the 1981/82 series

gunner

U19 Cricketer
i would have liked to own the pakistan vs india 2004 series had pakistan won the 1st karachi odi

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was that England-India Test from the '70s in England?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, right, makes sense, then.

'Cos as far as I'd heard, no cricket had ever been televised in India in the '70s.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watched Mumbai last night. Really was a very good test match. Strauss's ton was very good, in spite of a couple of chances in the 90s, and Anderson bowled so well in the 1st dig. And as for Shaun Udal.... :D

Obviously the outstanding performance was from Flintoff. great captaincy as well. Seems a LONG time ago now though...

pasag

RTDAS
Picked up this box set:

It has 4 recent ABC documentaries on Australian cricket in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Really good stuff but the awesome thing is the special features which contain highlights from every day of the 58/59 Ashes, 62/63 Ashes and the Centenary Test.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Ooh quality. I've only seen Cricket in the '60s and '80s, might pick that up.