• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket DVDs

Fiery

Banned
I don't dislike you. I've never met you. Admittedly, I can get frustrated with you sometimes but being that we're both cricket-boffins then we would probably get on like a house on fire. And yes I would do that because you have expressed how much you want to see it. It's not hard or expensive to mail a DVD somewhere. If it wasn't returned I would have to hunt you down and kill you though :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well if you left me a note within about how to send mail halfway across The World I'd probably be able to do said return. :)

I'm sure I could probably find the thing for sale somewhere on 't net. Very kind of you to offer, though. :) If I can't find it I'll take ya up.

Fiery

Banned
Well if you left me a note within about how to send mail halfway across The World I'd probably be able to do said return. :)

I'm sure I could probably find the thing for sale somewhere on 't net. Very kind of you to offer, though. :) If I can't find it I'll take ya up.
OK, just let me know

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well mate, I've found it on my Dad's fave website (along with Phil Collins - One More Night on original vinyl chucked in free :wacko: ), so your kind offer will currently not be required.

Thanks anyway, don't get me wrong. :)

Fiery

Banned
Well mate, I've found it on my Dad's fave website (along with Phil Collins - One More Night on original vinyl chucked in free :wacko: ), so your kind offer will currently not be required.

Thanks anyway, don't get me wrong. :)
That's OK. Enjoy. It's great value. It has highlights of the one-day series as well the 1st and 3rd tests so there's about 4 hrs worth on there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And has never played since...

At the time I was baffled as to why Adams did not play instead of Butler all series, given that Adams a) can bat and b) had done well while Butler had done dreadfully in the ODIs.

Fiery

Banned
And has never played since...

At the time I was baffled as to why Adams did not play instead of Butler all series, given that Adams a) can bat and b) had done well while Butler had done dreadfully in the ODIs.
Adams is stuck in the zone between not being good enough for international cricket and being too good for 1st class level in NZ.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I own a few, and have a few on the way here atm (including Astle's double ton which I eagerly await). The ones that I have in my possession currently are:

- ESPN Legend of Cricket 7 Disc Set
- India vs. Australia 2001
- England vs. India NatWest Series Final
- The Ashes 2005
- Pak vs. Ind Test Series 2004
- Pak vs. Ind ODI Series 2004
- Inzamans Invincibles: Pakistan v England Test Series 2005
- Lara 400 Not Out
- Freddie's Fireworks
- History of the Ashes
- Cricket's Greatest Entertainer's XI
- Story of Cricket
- World Cup Review 1999
- World Cup Review 2003
-
Australia vs. WI Test Series 92/93 (Cricketvideo.com)
-
Calypso Cricket 1986 Documentary (Cricketvideo.com)

I've recently ordered in:
- Kiwi Master Blaster: Nathan Astle Fastest Double Ton
- Botham's Ashes
- South Africa vs. England 2004 Test Series
- Highlights from the 1983 World Cup
- Bombay Brownwash (India v England 1993)

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've got those on the way, are they any good?
Botham's Ashes is okay, haven't watched the extras yet which I believe includes a section specifically showing Botham's 149*. The main part of the DVD is jsut the match highlights; it was a good match so obviously the highlights are cool, but I couldn't help but feel the DVD could be a little better.

The South Africa DVD is okay as well, but it feels a little rushed, a five-match series on just one disc. Well worth a watch though.

Let us know what you think, when you've received and watched them

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was thinking about getting some cricket DVD’s but the production value of the discs are so negligible that I might as well go on Youtube. It’s not only a cricket problem, various sporting DVD’s hardly ever feature decent supplements, don’t want the world but a nice retrospect and maybe some linear notes would help. Music DVD’s get fantastic treatment yet any decent sporting event is shamelessly neglected and the producers believe just sticking the actual feature on the disc is enough to warrant a £10 retail figure, bollocks.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The one DVD I'd really like to get is Australia's 1995 tour of the West Indies. Haven't seen that series since I watched it live, and I'd love to watch it again. Never seen it available anywhere, though.
www.cricketvideo.com

If you're willing to spend a bit of money (the guy who runs that is based in the US, so prices are a bit dear) then its well worth it. He has a great collection, and the quality is pretty good. NTSC mind you, but most DVD players should play them nowadays.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There's some fascinating stuff there. The 1972 England/Aus onedayers probably weren't the best, but it was the first oneday series played anywhere, IIRC, and it would be fascinating to see how they went about it.