• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh

crickmate

U19 12th Man
how can you say that? As far as I remember, on the last encounter on Zimbabwe's soil, the result was 3-2 for Zimbabwe. Now its 3-1 for Bangladesh. And you may not know, but in cricket, you cannot compare home performance with away performance. Old Bangladesh couldn't hold their nerve to win from this situation. And now they did it in two consecutive matches. This is in fact a positive experience for them. Well play by Zimbabwe too. Overall it was a good one day match.

This series clearly shows the improvement of Zimbabwe and decline of Bangladesh.

Last edited:

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
how can you say that? As far as I remember, on the last encounter on Zimbabwe's soil, the result was 3-2 for Zimbabwe. Now its 3-1 for Bangladesh. And you may not know, but in cricket, you cannot compare home performance with away performance. Old Bangladesh couldn't hold their nerve to win from this situation. And now they did it in two consecutive matches. This is in fact a positive experience for them. Well play by Zimbabwe too. Overall it was a good one day match.
Here's what I said in different wording from Cricinfo

Cricinfo said:
Bangladesh held on and just about deserved the latest series success against their main rivals, although the gap has closed since the last meeting.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
they didn't say Bangladesh's performance was poor or declined. What they are saying is the gap is closer this time since their last encounter, which is true. But as I said, you have to compare home performce with home performance and away with away to get the real measure of improvement.

Here's what I said in different wording from Cricinfo

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
TBH I think the tour has been a success. Most of the batsmen have made runs of some sort, save Ashraful and Mortaza, Razzak and Saqibul have bowled well. The only alarming fact is nothing new really: we have only one decent seamer.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the most comical performance I have ever seen from any international side. This proves Bangladesh is still a long way to mature as a cricket team. This win adds nothing to the credit of Bangladesh. A bunch of chockers. Well done Zimbabwe. This series clearly shows the improvement of Zimbabwe and decline of Bangladesh.
Umm no. Chasing down a total of 240 is hardly choking or comical. The team may have been disappointing but enough people played their part to ensure they didn't choke. I'm pretty sure the last series in Zimbabwe was worse in every sense. Therefore it hardly suggests a decline in the performance of Bangladesh.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Umm no. Chasing down a total of 240 is hardly choking or comical. The team may have been disappointing but enough people played their part to ensure they didn't choke. I'm pretty sure the last series in Zimbabwe was worse in every sense. Therefore it hardly suggests a decline in the performance of Bangladesh.
Hmmm.. that's true when you are playing against a better opposition. May be it's also true against Zimbabwe.

Anyway, was really angry to see the slide from a comfortable position. Was really unhappy about the run out of Bashar (due to lack of coverage it was not sure what really happened?), well yeah, I agree with you in most parts now. :)