• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mortaza is really becoming a decent bowler and would a cause alot of problems for good batsmen IMO.I'd have him ahead of Plunkett,Mahmood and Tremlett becaues of his consistency over line and length.
Big call, those guys are fairly mediocre but Mashrafe has been playing against sides like Zimbabwe, Scotland and Kenya which isn't a huge testt of his ability. He is definitely turning into a very good all-rounder and I can see him taking over Mohammad Rafique's job of being the strike bowler aswell as providing quick runs.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Big call, those guys are fairly mediocre but Mashrafe has been playing against sides like Zimbabwe, Scotland and Kenya which isn't a huge testt of his ability. He is definitely turning into a very good all-rounder and I can see him taking over Mohammad Rafique's job of being the strike bowler aswell as providing quick runs.
Did you see his spell against the Aussies a couple of years ago and against England in the test series?.He was causing them problems and in that one day game the Aussies could hardly get a run of him.He was very accurate.The one Bangladesh bowler who could be up to international standard.And someone like Shahriar Nafees is mediocre when he scores centuries agianst the Aussies?.Aftab and Ashraful also have potential and something to work with so they become more consistent.Anyone who saw Ashraful play at Cardiff and the game against England will no that if he can sort out his idiotic shot making he'll be one hell of a player.

Last edited:

Perm

Did you see his spell against the Aussies a couple of years ago and against England in the test series?.He was causing them problems and in that one day game the Aussies could hardly get a run of him.He was very accurate.The one Bangladesh bowler who could be up to international standard.And someone like Shahriar Nafees is mediocre when he scores centuries agianst the Aussies?.Aftab and Ashraful also have potential and something to work with so they become more consistent.Anyone who saw Ashraful play at Cardiff and the game against England will no that if he can sort out his idiotic shot making he'll be one hell of a player.
I'll be honest, I am only basing my opinion on stats and what I've heard from other people. Mashrafe definitely has potential to be a very good bowler but I'll leave it at that until I see him play. I'm a big fan of Shahriar Nafees, he is a classy batsman and his century against Australia was a colossal effort. Aftab and Ashraful are still pretty young, as they grow with experience they will learn to cut the stupid shots out of their game, Ashraful is amazingly talented.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I'll be honest, I am only basing my opinion on stats and what I've heard from other people. Mashrafe definitely has potential to be a very good bowler but I'll leave it at that until I see him play. I'm a big fan of Shahriar Nafees, he is a classy batsman and his century against Australia was a colossal effort. Aftab and Ashraful are still pretty young, as they grow with experience they will learn to cut the stupid shots out of their game, Ashraful is amazingly talented.
Exactly, in a few years the banglas will be up there with the best. The side has an average age of 20 odd, if you stuck the england or aus u21 isde up against the best they wouldnt do nearly as well as bangla has in the time theyve spent in the game

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Solid start from Bangladesh and good to see Ashraful and Saqibul Hasan amongst the runs. I hope they give some of the outsiders in the squad while the series is still open. We know what the main bowlers can do, now it's time the likes of Mohammad Sharif get a chance.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Solid start from Bangladesh and good to see Ashraful and Saqibul Hasan amongst the runs. I hope they give some of the outsiders in the squad while the series is still open. We know what the main bowlers can do, now it's time the likes of Mohammad Sharif get a chance.
Team management have announced 12 man squad for the 2nd ODI. They left Sharif out and brought Tapash in.

Perm

Been like that for about an hour so the journalists must be having some trouble. All the pressure on Mohammad Ashraful's shoulders now.

Perm

Ashraful pretty disappointing, needed to stick in their to give Bangladesh any chance. Suprised that Mashrafe was send in before Rafique though. Mushfiqur gets a chance to prove his worth with the bat now though.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Git. Bangladesh 153 all out - Rafique 41. Defendable with a start especially if, as it seems, it's a tricky track.
Conflicting reports I see. Bangla Cricket is saying 154 with Rafique getting 40. Seems cricinfo agrees with you though (or, more likely, is your source) so you're probably correct.