• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When Arguments Erupt

inc_haydn

Cricket Spectator
If mi neighbour appeals, i walk (he is black belt tae kwon doe) he also has good aim at the gut when holding a bat

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The general rule of thumb when bowling is that you bowl until you are asked when your over is up, and at that point you say 'two balls left' and all is well and good.

cricket player

International Debutant
Son Of Coco said:
The general rule of thumb when bowling is that you bowl until you are asked when your over is up, and at that point you say 'two balls left' and all is well and good.
whe i was a young kid i remember that we had a rule' it went like this" when ever you hit the ball in the leg side you have to run automaticaly" you have to run if you hit in the leg side' when i was batting i use to hit every ball in the leg side then the other team told me to rotate' i was so greedy to bat' that i wasn't following the rule' then suddenly i start shouting at the other teams captain" when i use yell at him' dude i am not rotating (other team captain) no you have to' me hell no this is not base ball this is cricket' go learn cricket' man i miss my childhood incredible absloutely :p

Link

State Vice-Captain
All arguements are solved by the graet free shot. If the bowler can manage to bowl with a full paced run up and hit the stumps the batsmen has to shut up and walk. More often then not the bowler crumbles under the pressure and misses, quality.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
How we use to do it was the batsman would walk to the bowler (if he wasn't sure) and ask if the bowler said he thinks so he would walk. But before that if he thinks he is gone he would just walk. And if he stands his ground (happened 1-2 times) then everyone discuss's it)

Its fun who cares if you get out.

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
nowadays we have umpires from the batting side.only once there had been an argument after this rule.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
1we use the old handle down rule
2 bat down like u place the bat sideways along da crease the bowler gets 5 bowls of any kind(excluding treva chapels) and if he hits the bat the batters out
3the free bowl. must be full speed + run up
4the classical paper scissors rock :ph34r:

andyc

Son Of Coco said:
Oh definetely, that's the basic back/school yard cricket rule

Matteh

Son Of Coco said:

Done that enough times :)
I'm basically the oldest so when i come up to bowl my pace bowls, even with just a tennis ball, just ends up with people cowering, throw in a slower ball and there's an easy wicket :happy:
LBW is effectively ignored to avoid arguments - the automatic wicketkeeper (metre high hedge) causes problems though.....yeah it hit the hedge on the full, but noone would be able to catch it when it's hit the hedge half an inch off the ground. =/

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
Well my brother and I can get aggressive, sibling rivalry and all that. But sometimes it gets way out of hand considering the situation. I mean, I have to bowl about 10% of my full pace on our 10 yard pitch, whilst my brother gets to bowl his full pace bouncers/beamers. When I get him out, he tends to get frustrated, threatens to hit me with the bat, momentarily cools down , grips the ball, and then THWACK, I'm left with a lovely bruse on the arm/ head/ chest. I dunno if it's becuase we both play at quite high levels for our age groups, but it can get really nasty when he gets frustrated.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Son Of Coco said:
yep indeed