• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzamam-ul-Haq (As a captain)

Inzamam as a captain ?

• Laid back attitude,Mis-handeled the Legend (Shoaib),If gets victories then its just pure luck?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fusion

Global Moderator
You have started thinking like Inzamam !!!!!!!!!!
Why do I get the feeling that your whole beef with Inzi is due to his handling of Shoaib? I'm not going to say that Inzi is an outstanding captain, but he was the right person at the time to lead Pakistan. Along with Woolmer, he has improved the team's performance as a whole. Sure there is still a lot of work to be done. But you make it sound like he's been a disaster as a captain, which is simply not true. Having said all this, it would be ideal for him to retire next year and let Younis take over.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Inzi is definitely a lead by example kind of guy. This couldn't be exemplified any better than by his performance in the last Test against South Africa. An excellent knock from the guy, but also some great sportsmanship from him, calling off two catches that he wasn't sure he had gotten under. A lot of people criticize him for his role in Ovalgate, but I think his heart has always been in the right place as far as the good of the game has been.

FRAZ

International Captain
Why do I get the feeling that your whole beef with Inzi is due to his handling of Shoaib?
Are you trying to categorize me ? On one hand I don't think that you will back up the Gibbs' Labeling of Pakistanis and on the other hand you are categorizing me . :p !!!!!!!!

I'm not going to say that Inzi is an outstanding captain, but he was the right person at the time to lead Pakistan.
Ha yeah I agree he was right person but what I am ranting is that "It's a pity that why he was the only right person !!!!

Along with Woolmer, he has improved the team's performance as a whole. Sure there is still a lot of work to be done.
You should have written "this lot work done" statement in Bold !
But you make it sound like he's been a disaster as a captain, which is simply not true. Having said all this, it would be ideal for him to retire next year and let Younis take over
You know what I hear it a lot.For example when Hair was officiating the last Eng - Pak series, I in my own mysterious ways predicted "disaster ". I also backed up Shoaib's come back and I proved that Nandrolone has different sub-factors ,and ,and and finally the legend was released .So I predict now that the future of Pakistani Captaincy is going to be a disaster because Inzamam has laid the foundation of picking and chosing the players who are "faithfuls" !!!!!
Mark my words please !!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
EPO.

English polls only.

You know what ,I only discuss any thing other than cricket in CC when it is extremely important .
OK ! let me tell you and the others who do not accept my vocabulary as a unique one .
After the initial goo goo ga gaas ,I developed my own vocabulary ,e.g. I used to call any potential edible item as "Khum" , And I used to ask my dad " Is it khum" , if his reply was "yes" only then I put the thing in my mouth. Strangely he never permitted cannibalism :p .I developed this habbit of inventing my own terms when I was in diapers. Then it was the turn of Urdu and Punjabi . Then came the faith demands of Arabic (Finished reading the book at the age of 5) . Then Urdu was taught to me along with the basics of Persian . I admit that I started A,B,C when I was in the K.G. But never had the chance to speak or extensively write "the" language until my Master's levels . Thats my history sunny ... *** outta your Island for goodness sake and try learning even a single verse in Persian .
EPO EPO , sick and tired !!!!!!!!!!! This term suited only the man who invented it, Alas he is long gone . May his stupid little teenage soul rest in peace ..
Back to cricket , Inzamam's captaincy = Ewwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good grief, FRAZ, if you weren't so patently harmless you'd be accused of spamming 50 times a day...

FRAZ

International Captain
Good grief, FRAZ, if you weren't so patently harmless you'd be accused of spamming 50 times a day...
Btw Richard a question for you , What do you think about the future captain of Pakistan , Younis , Yousaf or Shoaib Malik ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think it could be any of the three (don't know that Malik's chances are that high, TBH) and Pakistan will revert to infighting, backbiting and everything that's been apparent under most captains of the modern era other than Imran and Inzamam.

FRAZ

International Captain
I think it could be any of the three (don't know that Malik's chances are that high, TBH) and Pakistan will revert to infighting, backbiting and everything that's been apparent under most captains of the modern era other than Imran and Inzamam.
Smith typa' strategy might work for Pakistan tbh . But this is one of those problems there that Experience and age is taken under consideration . I am not a fan of Younis tbh . Yousaf cannot perform better as a batsman if given an opportunity to be a captain . Remaining lot contains Shoaib Malik and Abdul-Razzaq . Only Razzaq seems like a potential candidate (Under Pakistani circumstances),but Razzaq will remain Razzaq and won't improve a bit . So I guess Shoaib Malik is one of those youngsters who are not teenagers any more . Malik is th best choice for the future . Younis Khan sucks big time and can't face the media or the in and out field controversies ,as he showed it last time by resigning and then again licking his spit !!!!!!!!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
Pakistan will revert to infighting, backbiting and everything that's been apparent under most captains of the modern era other than Imran and Inzamam.
By the proper way ! A nice and one liner description of Pakistani captaincy . I agree that such controversies are not visible during this Inzamam's Tenure ,But still !!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Smith typa' strategy might work for Pakistan tbh . But this is one of those problems there that Experience and age is taken under consideration . I am not a fan of Younis tbh . Yousaf cannot perform better as a batsman if given an opportunity to be a captain . Remaining lot contains Shoaib Malik and Abdul-Razzaq . Only Razzaq seems like a potential candidate (Under Pakistani circumstances),but Razzaq will remain Razzaq and won't improve a bit . So I guess Shoaib Malik is one of those youngsters who are not teenagers any more . Malik is th best choice for the future . Younis Khan sucks big time and can't face the media or the in and out field controversies ,as he showed it last time by resigning and then again licking his spit !!!!!!!!!!
OK... I think I understand that... ;):)

For those who can decipher your posts, you actually talk a lot of sense. I'm not at all keen on Younis Khan as a captain for the reasons you suggested - once someone's turned it down there always has to be serious questions asked, and certainly I've never thought a lot of Mohammad Yousuf there. Either way, there's always a perfect chance that the two's batting will be compromised. Razzaq... captain... no way on Earth.

And unless you propose appointing Mohammad Asif or Umar Gul, Malik is the only logical choice at the moment.

FRAZ

International Captain
OK... I think I understand that... ;):)
For this sentence I nominate this post for Inzi !
For those who can decipher your posts, you actually talk a lot of sense. I'm not at all keen on Younis Khan as a captain for the reasons you suggested - once someone's turned it down there always has to be serious questions asked, and certainly I've never thought a lot of Mohammad Yousuf there. Either way, there's always a perfect chance that the two's batting will be compromised. Razzaq... captain... no way on Earth.

And unless you propose appointing Mohammad Asif or Umar Gul, Malik is the only logical choice at the moment.
As you have seen the basic education of the Pakistani selectors (4th Odi against Windies) ,they do not have any futuristic sense and Captaincy is an issue and will remain an issue for them !

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
How could Younis Khan not be a good candidate for captaincy (despite the spat between him and Shehryar Khan)? People forgot Karachi 2006 already? He may not be the best bet for ODIs, but surely there's no one better in tests?

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
How could Younis Khan not be a good candidate for captaincy (despite the spat between him and Shehryar Khan)? People forgot Karachi 2006 already? He may not be the best bet for ODIs, but surely there's no one better in tests?
There are certain gestures that he makes and certain signs which are visible from his body language that he is NOT a good choice .

FRAZ

International Captain
To Fusion : HAHA talking about EPO , Fusion try watching the Miandad interview with Anwar Maqsood on ARY One world !!!!
Super language used by Javed ............ lol ........ Don't miss it !!!!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
There are certain gestures that he makes and certain signs which are visible from his body language that he is NOT a good choice .
What? Those are the reasons why I think he is a good choice. He's always active on the field, always talking to his bowlers, his body language is very positive even when the team is doing badly.