• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much time is left before gilly(church) bids goodbye!?

pup11

International Coach
What do you guys think will he also retire after WC or will he play more do you think whenever he desires to retire he will quit from both forms of the game or like quit from odi's and play till the ashes in 09 in test cricket what do you think? Whenever he retires i will miss him more than warne and pidge.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think Gilly has a couple years left. He'll be around at least for the Indian tour I think, and may make '09 Ashes his final.

pup11

International Coach
gilly is someone i really want to play for a long time and him being such a gr8 team man he will not lead the team into a position where after 3 players having already left he won't want to make the team slip down in any more experience.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gilly is someone i really want to play for a long time and him being such a gr8 team man he will not lead the team into a position where after 3 players having already left he won't want to make the team slip down in any more experience.
A shark-jumped Gilchrist is not an asset to the Australian team if there are good young wicketkeepers in the wings. If he feels he's not capable of performing as he should, by all means let the man retire.

Last edited:

Natman20

International Debutant
Gilly did comment that he will play in the Twenty20 world cup even though he disagrees with it. Maybe that will be his last hoorah

pup11

International Coach
i think he wants to play in the ashes in 09 form permitting he might leave odi's earlier than that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Might as well retire from ODIs after the WC if he ain't gonna be around for the next one

pup11

International Coach
ENGLAND ashes holders in 2009.

it sounds as thoughtfull as englands plans for global domination by 2011 the way england are shaping up at the moment they would be lucky if they even manage to avoid another 5-0 whitewash in 09.As for gilly he will play in the ashes in 09 he will want to retire with a bang.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
it sounds as thoughtfull as englands plans for global domination by 2011 the way england are shaping up at the moment they would be lucky if they even manage to avoid another 5-0 whitewash in 09.As for gilly he will play in the ashes in 09 he will want to retire with a bang.
You're an idiot

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
it sounds as thoughtfull as englands plans for global domination by 2011 the way england are shaping up at the moment they would be lucky if they even manage to avoid another 5-0 whitewash in 09.
Even though it could be argued that they were unlucky in the 5-0 this time round you think that in 2 years time when Australia are missing not only McGrath, but Warne as well, it'll need luck to avoid 5-0?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Even though it could be argued that they were unlucky in the 5-0 this time round you think that in 2 years time when Australia are missing not only McGrath, but Warne as well, it'll need luck to avoid 5-0?
Yeah, sure, so unlucky to play as terribly as they did... and unlucky that it didn't rain at Adelaide as it did at The 'Gabba 8 years ago...